Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu launched Micro and Small Enterprises Facilitation Council (MSEFC) portal and MyMSME Mobile App.
Both the portals were launched as a part of Digital India Initiative from the perspective of the MSME sector in the country.
With the access to this platform, micro and small enterprises would be able to file their delayed payment related grievances online.
2. CMS India Corruption Study 2017 named Karnataka as the most corrupt state in the country.
According to the survey, 77% of respondents in Karnataka said they experienced corruption in accessing public services.
This is followed by Andhra Pradesh (74%), Tamil Nadu (68%), Maharashtra (57%), Jammu and Kashmir (44%) and Punjab (42%).
International – Across the Globe:
1. India slipped three places in the 2017 World Press Freedom Rankings to 136th among 180 countries.
Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark took the first four positions in the rankings respectively.
North Korea was at the bottom of the index.
2. El Salvador is the first country to ban metals mining.
The law bans prospection exploration, exploitation, extraction or processing of metallic minerals in El Salvador.
3. UNESCO will screen Rahul V. Chittella’s short film Azaad as a part of World Press Freedom Day event that is scheduled to be held from 1st-4th May 2017 in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The movie is about the dysfunctional relationship between a father and his son.
4. Poland has assured its support for India’s bid for membership in the elite Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) and a permanent seat in the expanded UN Security Council.
The two countries also signed an agreement in the agriculture sector.
Awards & Recognition:
1. The President of India presented CII President’s Award for Lifetime Achievement to Mr. Rahul Bajaj.
Kamal Kumbhar was conferred CII foundation Woman Exemplar Award.
2. Bhubaneswar has become the first Indian city to win Pierre L’enfant International Planning excellence award-2017 instituted by the American Planning Association (APA).
Bhubaneswar has been chosen for its good and advanced town planning and engaging its residents in the planning process.
3. Sankha Ghosh Bengal poet and literacy critic was hounored with 52nd Jnanpith Award which was awarded by President Pranab Mukherjee.
He is a recipient of Sahitya Akademi and Padma Bhushan.
His literary works reflects a rare poetic style but also have the deep reflection on the social issues.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. The Haryana Government appointed senior IPS officer Baljit Singh Prabhu as the new Director General of Haryana Police (DGP).
The 1984 batch IPS officer replacing K P Singh, who has been appointed as the Director General of Prisons.
He was previously serving as the Chairman and MD of Haryana Police Housing Corporation.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Payments app Paytm launched Digital gold on its platform to allow customers to buy and sell gold through electronic platform.
The product was launched in partnership with gold refiner MMTC – PAMP.
Paytm claims users will be able to purchase 24 K 999.9 purity gold starting from 1 gram.
2. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issued draft guidelines on cross border merger transactions.
The guidelines are in accordance with the rules notified by Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs through Companies Amendment Rules, 2017.
RBI proposed these Regulations under the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (FEMA).
Science & Technology:
1. NASA scientists have discovered a new planet- OGLE-2016-BLG-1195lb- or Iceball Planet that has the same mass as Earth and orbits its star at the same distance as Earth orbits the sun.
The newly discovered planet is nearly 13,000 light-years away and orbits a small star.
2. India successfully test-fired its intermediate-range ballistic missile Agni-III from Abdul Kalam Island off the Odisha coast.
The missile is 17 metres long, with two-metre diameter, and weighs around 2,200 kg.
1. The World Day for Safety and Health at work was observed across the world on 28 April 2017.
The theme of 2017 is Optimize the collection and use of occupational Safety and Health (OSH).
It focuses on the critical need for countries to improve their capacity to collect and utilize reliable occupational safety and health (OSH) data.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images