Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Kerala Government has approached the Union Government for allowing use of antlers of spotted deer and sambar for Ayurveda medicines.
Kerala State Board for Wildlife (SBWL) under chairmanship of CM Pinarayi Vijayan has forwarded proposal to National Board for Wildlife (NBWL) and Ministry of Environment and Forests.
2. The Union Government has approved the re-designation of the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project Implementation Trust Fund (DMICPTF) as National Industrial Corridor Development & Implementation Trust (NICDIT).
NICDIT will be the apex body to oversee integrated development of all industrial corridors across the country.
3. The National Board for Wildlife (NBWL) has given its clearance for the Ken-Betwa inter-linking of rivers (ILR) project, paving the way to begin work for linking two rivers.
The clearance of NBWL was required since the project requires diversion of forest land from core area of Panna Tiger Reserve.
1. Cricket Australia has named Indian Test skipper Virat Kohli as the captain of the board’s ODI Team of the Year.
Indian pacer Jasprit Bumrah was the only other Indian who made it to the list.
2. Fourteen-year-old double-trap shooter Shapath Bharadwaj became the first junior to qualify for the senior national team after finishing second in the selection trials held in Patiala.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Eminent Rajasthani litterateur Dr. Satya Narayan was chosen for the 26th Bihari Puraskar 2016 by the K. K. Birla Foundation.
He was been chosen for his Hindi book titled Yeh Ek Dunia published in 2010.
His Yeh Ek Dunia is a meticulous depiction of various circumstances of life in contemporary world.
2. China has 108 Feet tall stone statue of Gautam Buddha in Leshan city.
It is the tallest statue in the world which was carved out of a cliff.
This statue was constructed in 713 A.D. in Tang Dynasty as a Chinese monk named Haitong gave the idea hoping the Buddha would calm the turbulent waters.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. Gujarat Government announced its ‘Biotechnology Policy-2016’ to establish state as a preferred destination for manufacturing of biotechnology products.
The policy has provisions for various incentives for investors who are keen to set up their units in the state.
Science & Technology:
1. A team of international astronomers has discovered Vela super cluster, one of the biggest super galaxy clusters near the Milky Way.
It was spotted by a research team of astronomers from South Africa, Australia and Europe with help slew of telescopes including the Anglo-Australian Telescope (Sydney) and South African Large Telescope (Cape Town).
1. George Michael, the British pop superstar has died at the age of 53.
The cause of death was heart failure.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images