Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Council of Scientific Industrial Research (CSIR) was ranked world’s 12th best government institution out of 746 institutions.
These institutes were ranked by a prestigious Scimago Institutions Rankings Report based on various parameters including the research performance, innovation and social impact.
2. The Union Cabinet has approved the establishment of a new AIIMS at Bhatinda, Punjab under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY).
It will provide super specialty health care to the population while creating a large pool of doctors and other health workers in this region.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for raising foreign shareholding limit from current 5% to 15% in Indian Stock Exchanges.
It will help in bringing the investment limit of foreign entities at par with that of domestic institutions.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Union Cabinet has approved amendments to the GST (goods & services tax) constitutional amendment Bill in order to incorporate suggestions made by states.
The Lok Sabha has passed comprehensive Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Amendment Bill, 2015 to curb domestic black money.
2. The Lok Sabha passed the Lokpal and Lokayukta (Amendment) Bill, 2016.
The bill seeks to amend the Lokpal and Lokayukta Act, 2013 which provides Lokpal (at Centre) and Lokayukta (at States) statutory backing to inquire into allegations of corruption against certain public functionaries and for related matters.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The Union Cabinet has approved Bilateral Investment Treaty (BIT) between India and Cambodia to boost trade and business.
The Treaty seeks to promote and protect investments in either country with the objective of increasing bilateral investment flows.
1. Dr. Neelamraju Ganga Prasada Rao, famous agricultural scientist passed away in Hyderabad, Telangana following a brief illness. He was 89.
He is famously known as “Father of Hybrid Sorghum”.
He is also famous for his basic and applied research in breeding and agronomy of several dryland crops.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images