Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) has sanctioned 101 new Integrated Cold Chain Projects.
These new projects will attract Rs. 3100 crore investment for the creation of modern infrastructure in the food processing sector.
2. Odisha became the first state in the country to carry financial inclusion and extend banking services to remote rural areas through Self Help Groups (SHGs).
The state government signed an agreement with State Bank of India in this regard.
3. The number of internet users is expected to increase to 730 million by 2020.
The reason being the fast adoption of digital technology under Central Government’s Digital India program.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Canada will host 9th edition of World Environmental Education Congress (WEEC) in Vancouver from 9th-15th September 2017.
The theme of the congress will be Culture/Environment: Weaving New Connections.
2. U.S. Senate has voted for the approval of Montenegro as the newest member of NATO.
Senators voted 97-2 in favor of ending debate and allowing a vote on the ratification of its NATO membership.
Sports & Athletics:
1.The Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata has been named as the venue for the final of the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup, which will be held in India from 6th-28th October 2017.
The semi-finals will be held in Guwahati and Navi Mumbai, while the opening games will be held in New Delhi and Navi Mumbai.
The quarter-finals will be hosted by Goa, Guwahati, Kochi and Kolkata.
2. India has won the Border-Gavaskar Trophy by eight-wicket over Australia in the 4th and final Test in Dharamsala.
With this, India won the series by 2-1.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Karur Vysya Bank has been adjudged the Best Small Bank for 2016 (balance sheet size of less than Rs.1-lakh crore).
This is the eighth award won by KVB in the current fiscal.
Books & Authors:
1. Chief of the Army Staff has released the book Home of the Brave on the history of Indian Army’s Counter Insurgency Force, the Rashtriya Rifles (RR).
The book is authored by Nitin A Gokhale, Defence & Security Analyst and Brig S K Chatterji (Retired).
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Syndicate Bank has digitally inaugurated 40 Ananya transformed branches.
The bank also launched its first micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) hub in Bengaluru.
The hub is expected to cater to more than 150 branches across the Bengaluru region.
2. Chinese technology major Xiaomi aims to create 20,000 jobs in India in the next three years.
The company is set to launch a new artificial intelligence product in the next six months.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Vijaya Bank has signed a memorandum of understanding with Piaggio Vehicles.
The MoU was signed for providing financial support for the purchase of vehicles under Small Road Transport Operators (SRTO) scheme in Bengaluru.
2. India and Nepal have signed an agreement to renew the supply of petroleum to Nepal for five years.
The renewed MoU was signed between Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) and Nepal Oil Corporation (NOC).
With this renewal, IOCL will supply about 1.3 million tons of fuel annually to Nepal with a promise to double the volume by 2020.
2. Bharat Dynamics Ltd (BDL) has signed a memorandum of understanding with L & T.
The MoU was signed to export Torpedoes (LWT-XP) designed and developed by NSTL.
Science & Technology:
1. Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has launched a startup called Neuralink which will work to merge computer with human brain via neural lace
The purpose will be to build devices that could be implanted in the human brain to keep pace with the growing use of artificial intelligence in the electronic systems.
Recent Notable Deaths:
1. Renowned playwright and Sahitya Akademi Award winner Arun Sharma has died after a brief illness.
He has written more than 50 plays and books in his career.
He also won a number of awards, including Padma Shri, Sahitya Academy and Assam Valley Literary.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images