Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Human Resource Ministry has formally launched Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Dharwad in Karnataka.
It was launched by Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The 2016 World Risk Index (WRI) has been released.
India has been ranked 77th among the 171 countries.
The index was released as part of the World Risk Report 2016 released by the United Nations University Institute for Environment (UNUIE) and Human Security (UNU-EHS) and Bundnis Entwicklung Hilft in cooperation with the University of Stuttgart in Germany.
1. Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg (Germany) has won the 2016 Belgian Grand Prix of Formula One.
It was Rosberg’s overall tenth championship title of F1 in his career and the sixth win in the 2016 season.
He had also won Australian Grand Prix, Bahrain Grand Prix, Chinese Grand Prix and Russian Grand Prix.
Science & Technology:
1. ISRO for the first time has successfully conducted the Scramjet (or Supersonic Combusting ramjet) engine test.
The test was conducted from Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikotta in Andhra Pradesh and has successfully has met all the intended parameters.
The scramjet engine works on the Air-breathing Propulsion System.
2. NASA’s solar-powered Juno spacecraft has successfully executed its first flyby of Jupiter, our solar system’s most massive planet.
During its first flyby, Juno passed just 4,200 kilometres above the planet’s clouds.
3. The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has announced that Unified Payments Interface (UPI) application has become operational.
The application will allow customers to make easier real-time payments via digital means using smartphones.
4. Automobile manufacturer Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd (M&M) has introduced DiGiSENSE, a cloud based technology solution to track vehicle information in real time.
Now, Mahindra has become the first OEM (original equipment manufacturer) in India to integrate its product line-up onto a cloud-based technology platform.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images