Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Akodara village in Sabarkantha district of Gujarat has earned the coveted tag of becoming India’s first digital village in India.
The village with a total population of 1,191 people and 250 households uses a various cashless system for payments of goods and services.
2. India hosted the golden jubilee (50th anniversary) celebrations of United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) in New Delhi.
3. Delhi has become India’s economic capital.
Mumbai ranks 31st among 50 top metropolitan economic entities globally in 2015, as per latest data released by Oxford Economics.
4. Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan’s film Pink, which dealt with crime against women, has been invited for a special screening at the United Nations headquarters in New York.
Pink is directed by Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury, starred Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu, Andrea Tariang, and Kirti Kulhari in lead roles.
5. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has flagged off the Humsafar train from Kushinagar that will ply between Gorakhpur and Delhi’s Anand Vihar terminus.
This tri-weekly train will have several new features, including LED screen display to show information about stations, train speed and will have announcement system as well.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The World Health Organisation (WHO) has dropped the term ‘counterfeit’ and retained ‘falsified’ to describe medicines of inferior quality.
This decision was taken by a WHO’s technical working group on draft working definitions of substandard/spurious /falsely-labelled/falsified/counterfeit (SSFFC) medical products.
1. International Boxing Association (AIBA) has selected Vikas Krishnan for this year’s best boxer title for his excellent performance.
Vikas Krishan Yadav is the first Indian to receive this award.
2. Argentina fought back to beat Croatia 3-2 and win the Davis Cup for the first time in a dramatic final in Zagreb.
Argentina is the 15th winner of Davis Cup in 116 years.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Iranian film “Daughter” has won the coveted Golden Peacock award at the 47th International Film Festival of India (IFFI).
It has been directed by Reza Mirkarimi.
It is a family drama set in southern Iran. It brings out the intergenerational conflict between a strict father and a young daughter.
2. “Magical Piano”, a short film by the Toonz Media Group has won an award at the prestigious UNESCO Salon Youth Video Competition 2016.
This unique story was written by Mayul Verma, an upper primary student from Agra, India, the release said.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. The Army has appointed Lieutenant General AK Bhatt as new Director General of Military Operations (DGMO).
Lieutenant General Ranbir Singh has been promoted to General Officer Commanding of Strike 1 Corps.
2. N Chandrababu Naidu appointed as the head of CMs Committee on Demonetization.
The Union Government has decided to constitute a sub-committee of Chief Ministers of five states in the wake of demonetization of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1,000 denomination notes.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) has set up two high-level advisory committees to gather inputs from experts, including on service providers and corporate liquidation.
IBBI has been set up under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 and is expected to soon operationalize.
2. American Morgan Stanley has lowered its growth forecast for FY’17 to 7.3% from 7.7% earlier on account of currency replacement programme.
3. Commerce and industry minister Nirmala Sitharaman said the economy grew by 7.1 per cent in the first half of 2016-17.
The economy grew by a five-quarter low of 7.1 per cent in the first three months. Figures for the second quarter are to come on 1st December.
4. Utkarsh Micro Finance has received the final license from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to start operations as Small Finance Bank (SFB).
The new SFB will be named as ‘Utkarsh Small Finance Bank Ltd’ and is likely to start banking operations in early 2017, the company said in the statement.
5. ICICI Bank announced that it will transform 100 villages into ‘Digital Villages’ in as many days as part of its continuing effort to provide digital ecosystem across the country, including rural India.
Under this initiative, villagers will be able to open bank accounts using Aadharbased e-KYC and make cashless payments to retail stores through an SMS/USSDbased mobile solution.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Union Government has introduced the Taxation Laws (Second Amendment) Bill, 2016 (‘the Bill’) in the Parliament.
The bill amends existing tax laws to impose a higher rate of tax and penalty in respect of undisclosed incomes.
Science & Technology:
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently had launched the “Indian Police at Your Call” mobile app at a national police conference held in Hyderabad.
It was organized by the Intelligence Bureau (IB).
The app is a GIS Map based interface for the citizens to locate police stations near to their current location so that they can easily reach the police station in case of emergency.
2. Digital wallet firm MobiKwik has launched a data-light version of its mobile application, targeting smartphone users and small business owners who face challenges of slow Internet connectivity that hampers access to digital payments.
No email ID will be required for signing up.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images