Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for closure of Hindustan Cables Limited (HCL), Kolkata.
The decision was taken under the provisions of Companies Act, 1956/2013 and other relevant Acts.
2. The Union Cabinet has given its ex-post facto approval for the Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana (VPBY) 2003 and Varistha Pension Bima Yojana (VPBY) 2014.
Both are pension schemes intended to give an assured minimum pension to Senior Citizens based on an assured minimum return on the subscription amount.
3. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved ‘Project SAKSHAM’. The project will help in the following:
Integration of CBEC IT systems with the Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN). Extension of Indian Customs Single Window Interface for Facilitating Trade (SWIFT).
Other taxpayer-friendly initiatives under Digital India and Ease of Doing Business of CBEC.
4. The Union Cabinet has given its approval to ratify the Paris Agreement (on Climate Change) on Gandhi Jayanti i.e. on 2nd October 2016.
India’s decision to ratify the agreement will take the number of cumulative level of emission of countries that have ratified the agreement so far to 51.89%.
International – Across the Globe:
1. As per the study conducted by the World Health Organization (WHO) air pollution caused by fine particulate matter (PM) is causing long-lasting disease chronic illnesses.
The study finds that about a fifth of the 3 million people died worldwide because of exposure to fine PM2.5 which may have aggravated or been directly responsible for cardiovascular diseases and lung cancer.
2. India is going to invest 2 billion dollars in Sri Lanka in the next three-four years, as per the Economic and Technological Cooperation Agreement (ETCA).
ETCA agreement seeks to boost cooperation in scientific expertise, technical areas and research amongst institutions between India and Sri Lanka.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The Telangana government has signed a MoU with Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) to promote education.
As per the agreement, ISRO will help to improve services of Telangana’s educational channel ‘Mana TV’ by using Satcom.
2. The Union Cabinet has given its approval to the MoU in the field of Industrial Property Cooperation.
It will enhance bilateral cooperation activities in the arena of Industrial Property Rights of Patents, Trademarks, and Industrial Designs.
Science & Technology:
1. The world’s first three-parent baby boy was born in Mexico to a Jordanian couple.
It was done with the help a controversial new fertility technique that incorporates DNA from three people in the embryo.
1. The World Maritime Day is observed across the world on 29 September.
It was celebrated to highlight the importance of shipping safety, maritime security and the marine environment.
2016 theme is “Shipping: indispensable to the world”.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images