Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. India is going to host a crucial global summit in November to eliminate the illicit trade of tobacco products.
The summit is scheduled for November 7-12 at the Indian Exposition Mart in Noida. In this summit delegates from 180 countries will take part.
2. A high-level panel of the National Ganga River Basin Authority (NGRBA) has approved various projects worth approximately Rs 400 crore for development of ghats (river fronts) and crematoria at different places along the river Ganga from Uttarakhand to West Bengal under the Centre’s ambitious Namami Gange programme.
3. Rajasthan has become the first state in the country to approve sewage and waste water policy.
Under this policy, all district headquarters, heritage cities, and cities in the state which have more than one lakh population will be included.
4. The Tamil Nadu Assembly has passed an unanimous resolution that the Madras High Court be renamed as Tamil Nadu High Court and not as High Court of Chennai as proposed by the Centre.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Japan’s cabinet has approved an economic stimulus package worth 275 billion dollars in attempt kick-start the economy and boost growth of the world’s third-largest economy.
The Japanese government expects that this package will boost gross domestic product (GDP) by 1.3%.
1. Sports Minister Vijay Goel inaugurated ‘Wall of Wishes’ at India Gate Lawns in New Delhi.
The Wall of Wishes was launched in presence of Olympian Boxer M C Mary Kom to celebrate the Olympic mood in the country.
Rio Olympics is scheduled to be held from 5 August to 21 August 2016.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Translator and artist Anita Gopalan was awarded the 2016 PEN/Heim Translation Fund Grants for her English translation of Hindi novel Simsim written by Geet Chaturvedi.
She is the second Indian translator to be selected for the grant.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. India’s leading public sector bank, Bank of Baroda has tied up with a financial technology start-up Fisdom for personal wealth management services.
Fisdom app helps users make financial investments in an easy and paperless manner by blending cutting-edge technology with personalised financial advice.
It helps people manage their money with the help of a robo-advisor
2. India’s digital payments platform Freecharge has partnered with the leading payment gateway solution provider, PayUbiz.
It will further strengthen its merchant base and help consumers move from cash to digital payments.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Technocrat Anant Maheshwari was appointed as the President of Microsoft India, a subsidiary of US based software giant Microsoft Inc.
He will succeed Bhaskar Pramanik who retires in March 2017.
Bhaskar Khulbe, a Senior IAS officer of 1983 batch of West Bengal cadre has been appointed as Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He was Additional Secretary in Prime Minister’s Office.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Parliament has passed the Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Amendment Bill after it was unanimously approved by Rajya Sabha.
The comprehensive amendment bill seeks to amend and strengthen Benami Transaction (Prohibition) Act, 1988 in terms of legal and administrative procedure to curb domestic black money.
2. The Parliament has passed the Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Bill, 2016 to set up six new Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
The Bill seeks to amend the Institutes of Technology Act, 1961 to add six new IITs as institutions of national importance.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images