Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Hornbill Festival began in the Naga Heritage village of Kisama.
The festival coincides with the Statehood Day of Nagaland which is observed on 1st December 2016.
It is tourism promotional extravaganza to revive, protect and preserve the richness and uniqueness of the Naga heritage.
It is also called as the “Festival of Festivals”.
2. The Delhi High Court has quashed ban imposed on 344 fixed dose combination (FDC) drugs by the Central Government over fears that they are potential health and safety hazards.
The HC held that Centre had acted in a haphazard manner and did not take the advice of the statutory bodies under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act before issuing ban notification.
3. The Supreme Court has approved Central Government’s Graded Response Action Plan to tackle different levels of pollution in Delhi-NCR.
The apex court also has asked Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) to upgrade its existing infrastructure and set up additional monitoring stations in Delhi-NCR.
International – Across the Globe:
1. China and Pakistan launched a direct rail and sea freight service with the first cargo train departing from China’s southwestern Yunnan province.
The service was launched with the first cargo train loaded with 500 tonnes of commodities left Kunming, capital of Yunnan, an inland province in southwest China departed for Karachi.
1. 2016 world champion Nico Rosberg has sensationally retired from Formula 1 with immediate effect.
The German driver, 31, won the title less than a week ago, beating Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton to his first Drivers’ Championship.
Awards & Recognition:
1. All India Football Federation has won the AFC Developing Member Association of the Year Award at the Asian Football Confederation’s Annual Awards Night.
2. Katy Perry was honoured with the humanitarian award at UNICEF event.
Hillary Clinton honoured singer Katy Perry with an Audrey Hepburn Humanitarian Award at UNICEF Gala.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. The Union Government has given senior IPS officer Rakesh Asthana additional charge of the post of Director, Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
He took charge following the retirement of Anil Sinha.
2. Chitra Ramkrishna has quit as the Managing Director and CEO of the country’s premier bourse.
Her tenure was scheduled to end in March 2018.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Private sector lender DCB Bank launched its own mobile and tab based digital wallet Cippy Wallet app.
This app will encourage consumers to experience cash free purchases from the mobile phone for day-to-day needs.
Science & Technology:
1. Scientists from Russia have developed a new unique, low-cost method for producing high-quality nuclear fuel using electricity.
It is an alternative novel method that forms the basis of powder metallurgy and involves electric pulse sintering under pressure.
1. International Day of Persons with Disabilities, celebrated on 3rd December 2016 is an international observance promoted by the United Nations since 1992.
The observance of the Day aims to bring the Persons with Disabilities into the mainstream.
The theme for this year’s International Day is “Achieving 17 Goals for the Future We Want”.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images