Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. India and United States (US) have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to join the global terror database maintained by the Terrorist Screening Center (TSC) of US.
Under this MoU, both sides will give each other access to terrorism screening information through designated contact points, subject to domestic laws and regulations.
TSC is a multi-agency organisation administered by Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) which consolidates several terrorist watch lists maintained by different US government agencies into single terrorist database on terror suspects.
2. Narendra Modi has emerged as one of the top 10 leaders of the world with his voice being heard on international fora.
The statement was made by the Union minister Venkaiah Naidu.
India is now recognized and respected worldwide and this happened because of the efforts given by PM Modi.
3. India on joined the Hague Code of Conduct (HCoC) against Ballistic Missile Proliferation as its 138th subscribing state.
India joined it by notifying HCoC Central Contact, Vienna, through diplomatic channels.
The HCOC is a voluntary mechanism that has built a broad international predisposition against ballistic missile proliferation.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Republican Party’s presumptive presidential nominee Donald Trump is set to arrive in Britain on June 22, a day before Britons go to polls to decide whether to remain in the European Union (EU).
He will come to the country on a whistle-stop tour of his golf resorts in Britain and Ireland.
He will visit his golf resort in Doonbeg in Ireland by the time polls have closed.
1. The Indian Boxing Council (IBC) was granted affiliation by the Commonwealth Boxing Council (CBC).
The affiliation was unanimously endorsed by CBC.
IBC is a licensing body for professional boxers in India which has Vijender Singh among others on its roster.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Senior IPS officer Navin Agarwal was appointed Director General (DG)/ Chief Executive Officer (CEP) of National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA).
He is a 1986 batch IPS officer of Jammu and Kashmir cadre. Prior to this appointment he was working in his cadre state J&K.
NADA was set up as registered society under the Societies Registration Act of 1890 in November 2005 with a mandate for Dope free sports in India.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India and Tunisia on 2 June 2016 signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for co-operation in Information Technology and promotion of traditional handicrafts.
The MoUs were signed after the delegation level talks between the two countries in the presence of Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari and Tunisian Prime Minister Habib Essid in Tunis.
The two sides had discussion on bilateral ties focused on economic partnership and adding new areas of collaboration in IT and education.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA), chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved for Minimum Support Prices (MSPs) for Kharif Crops of 2016-17 season.
The prices will come into effect from effective from 1 October 2016.
The higher MSPs would increase investment and production through assured remunerative prices to farmers.
Science & Technology:
1. According to a study by Indian researchers at major excavated site of Bhirrana, Haryana suggests that the Indus Valley Civilization is much older than thought before and climate was not only the cause behind collapse of Harappa civilization.
The study was conducted by a research team from IIT Kharagpur, Institute of archaeology, Deccan College Pune, Physical Research Laboratory and Archaeological Survey of India.
The finding was published in prestigious journal Nature Scientific report on 25 May 2016.
The study of levels of Pre-Harappan Hakra phase was dated to be as old as 8000 years.
Image Courtesy: Google Images