Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Making of Developed India Festival – MODI Fest was inaugurated at Malleswaram in Bengaluru.
The objective of the program was to communicate, on the occasion of completion of three years in office by the Central Government.
2. Nitin Gadkari launched the web-based application for Infrastructure and Material Providers, INAM-Pro + in New Delhi.
It is an upgraded version of INAM-Pro, the web portal designed by National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd (NHIDCL).
3. Telangana Chief Minister Chandrasekhar Rao announced a 6-point comprehensive plan for farmers in Secunderabad. The plans include the following points:
8 thousand rupees cash assistance per acre per annum to each farmer in the state.
24/7 continuous electricity supply.
Formation of crop colonies and support price for their yield.
Other welfares such as thousand rupees social security pension for single destitute women.
Reported Rs 15,000 help to mother and child which incorporates ‘KCR Kits’ worth Rs 2,000 to take care of their nutrition and health needs.
International – Across the Globe:
1. President Donald Trump announced US withdrawal from Paris Climate Change Agreement.
He stated that the Paris accord would undermine the U.S. economy, cost U.S. jobs, weaken American national sovereignty.
Sports & Athletics:
1. The West Indies cricket team has been officially renamed as ‘WINDIES’.
The West Indies Cricket Board has rebranded itself as ‘Cricket West Indies’ on its 90th anniversary.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Ganeshan Neelakanta Iyer has become the first Indian to be nominated as a member of the Umpires and Referees Committee (URC) by International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF).
He will serve for a term of two years which is further extendable.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Reliance Communications merged wireless company with Aircel will be called Aircom.
RCom can monetize 49 percent tower co stake in future though sale or a listing process.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Shashi Shekar Vempati appointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Prasar Bharati for a period of five years.
Vempati is currently serving as a Member (part time) of the Prasar Bharati Board.
2. Ireland’s Fine Gael party has elected a Leo Varadkar as prime minister of Ireland.
He will succeed Enda Kenny and will become the first gay prime minister.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Bank of India conducted a mass contact programme, ‘Stat Mahotsav’, across its branch network.
The aim was to contact every customer at their door step either for recovery of bad loans, disbursement of retail loans including housing and vehicle loan.
2. SEBI has formed a Committee on Corporate Governance under the chairmanship of Uday Kotak.
The move is aimed at improving the standards of corporate governance of listed companies.
3. State Bank of India and the World Bank announced that they had financed 100 MW of rooftop solar projects worth Rs400 crore in India.
SBI got a loan of $625 million from the World Bank via Grid-Connected Rooftop Solar PV (GRPV) projects undertaken by developers, aggregators, end-users, for installation of rooftop solar systems.
With this program, SBI will support the installation of more than 600 MW of rooftop solar capacity.
4. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has initiated prompt corrective action (PCA) for Dena Bank in view of high net non-performing assets and negative return on assets.
Prompt Corrective Action is the action which will not have any material impact on the performance of the bank to improve its activities.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Samsung India has signed a MoU with the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
The MoU was signed for setting up two new Samsung Technical Schools in Bengaluru and Jamshedpur as well as to renew the partnership for 10 existing schools being run across the country.
Science & Technology:
1. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur has developed a wireless technology called AmbuSens.
AmbuSens will help in wireless monitoring of various physiological conditions of patients who are ferried in ambulances.
The AmbuSens system includes both hardware and software.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images