Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu flagged off an all-women Mt Gorichen expedition.
This will be the first all women team attempting to summit the second highest peak of the state, which is considered as a technical peak and only seasoned climbers can make it to the top (6,488 m).
International – Across the Globe:
1. Abu Dhabi Crown Prince to be Chief Guest on 2017 Republic Day.
Prince of Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan will be the chief guest for the 68th Republic Day celebrations on 26 January 2017.
2. 2nd October The 8th International Day of Non-Violence.
The day that falls on October 2 has been declared unanimously by the General Assembly of the United Nations in 2007, in the memory of Mahatma Gandhi.
1. Kieren Dsouza becomes the first Indian to complete World’s toughest race, Spartathlon.
Bengaluru’s Kieren Dsouza has become the first Indian to complete the Spartathlon, widely described as the “world’s toughest race”.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Murga wins first prize at Swachh Bharat Short Film Festival.
The short film was directed by young filmmaker Katyayan Shivpuri from Maharashtra.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Arundhati Bhattacharya Gets Year-Long Extension as SBI Chief.
Government has given one-year extension to SBI chief Arundhati Bhattacharya amid the lender’s consolidation with its associate banks.
2. Rajeev Sharma has taken over as the Chairman and Managing Director of state-run Power Finance Corporation (PFC) with effect.
3. Somesh Sharma of Rashtradoot Saptahik was elected as president of the Indian Newspaper Society (INS) on Friday for 2016-17.
He succeeds P V Chandran of Grehalakshmi of Mathrubhumi Group.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Delhi Police has launched a mobile application “Delhi Police Senior Citizen” for senior citizens to provide immediate assistance to them in distress.
2. Black money worth Rs. 65,250 crore declared under Income Disclosure Scheme, 2016.
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has received total disclosure of INR 65,250 crore black money in the form of cash and other assets under the Income Disclosure Scheme, 2016.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India has ratified the Paris Agreement on climate change on the 147th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
2. BRICS has adopted New Delhi Declaration on Education.
The declaration was adopted at fourth Meeting of BRICS Education Ministers Conference held in New Delhi.
It was attended by Ministers of Education and assigned representatives of BRICS nations viz. Brazil, China, India, Russia and South Africa.
Science & Technology:
1. Indian – American associate professor from US Vinaya Manchaiah has been named as the Future Leader of Audiology.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images