Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Government has proposed setting up Financial Data Management Centre (FDMC) based on recommendation of a committee set up under the Department of Economic Affairs (DEC).
The Committee was headed by Ajay Tyagi, Additional Secretary in Union Finance Ministry and has submitted its report and a draft bill titled The Financial Data Management Centre Bill, 2016.
2. President Pranab Mukherjee has given assent to Payment of Wages (Amendment) Ordinance, 2016, to enable industries to pay wages by cheque or credit into the bank accounts of workers.
The ordinance amends the Payment of Wages Act, 1936 to encourage cashless transactions.
3. The Government of Telangana will launch ‘Bike Ambulances’ to help patients in remote areas.
The ‘bike ambulances’ will be used in remote areas, mainly inhabited by tribals and also congested localities in Hyderabad and other cities.
4. The Union Ministry for Petroleum & Natural Gas has met the 1.5-crore target for LPG connections that were to be added under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) in the 2016-17 financial year.
This Target was achieved within a span of less than eight months since the launch of the scheme which is implemented across 35 States/UTs.
5. Haryana state Government has decided to set up a pilot corridor for the ‘Caterpillar Train’.
This train will fly over city’s traffic, in Gurgaon city.
The concept of Caterpillar Train, also known as C-Train.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Colombia’s Congress passed a law granting amnesty to Marxist FARC (Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia) rebels as part of historic peace deal reached between rebels and Government.
The Senate passed the bill 69-0 votes after the House of Representatives approved it by 121-0 votes.
This is another step to formally end to 52 years of Columbian civil war (Latin America’s longest conflict).
Appointments & Resignations:
1. The Jammu and Kashmir Cabinet has recently appointed the 1986 batch IPS officer Dr. Shesh Pal Vaid, Special DG, Coordination and Law and Order as the new Director General of Police.
He will succeed DGP K Rajendra from 31st December 2016.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. South Indian Bank has introduced a full-fledged NRI-focused mobile banking application.
This app is named as SIB Mirror+ across major mobile platforms.
2. The Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) has approved six Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) proposals worth Rs 1,200 crore.
It has approved the proposals of, Star Den Media Services, Sanofi Synthelabo India, Idea Cellular Infrastructure Services, Menarini India, Boehringer Ingelheim India and Recipharm Participation.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) signed two unilateral Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs) with Indian taxpayers pertain to the Information Technology and automobile sectors.
The international transactions covered in these two agreements include software development services, IT enabled services (ITES), manufacturing and business support services.
1. Vera Rubin, who has transformed modern physics and astronomy has passed away.
She was famous with her observations showing that galaxies and stars are immersed in the gravitational grip of vast clouds of dark matter.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images