Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The first-ever meeting of BRICS Employment Working Group (BEWG) was held in Hyderabad, Telangana from July 27 to 28, 2016.
The agenda of the two day meeting was to shape the agenda for labour and employment track in BRICS countries.
Haryana Government has launched Pashudhan Bima Yojana, an insurance cover scheme for cattle breeders in the state.
Pashudhan Bima Yojana will provide insurance cover to cattle breeders in the state at different premium rates for different animals.
Awards & Recognition:
1. The Mohun Bagan FC has conferred club’s highest decoration Mohun Bagan Ratna (jewel) on legendary Indian Footballer Syed Nayeemuddin.
Now, he became 16th recipient of the prestigious award which is bestowed upon person for making seminal contribution to the success of the club.
2. The Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI) conferred its Lifetime Achievement Award on famous adman Srinivasan K.Swamy.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Justice Dilip Babasaheb Bhosale was sworn in as the new Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court.
He succeeds Justice D.Y. Chandrachud who was appointed judge of Supreme Court.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Strategic Forces Command (SFC) which forms part of the National Command Authority (NCA) has been added to the Second Schedule of the Right to Information Act (RTI), 2005.
2. The Parliament has passed the Compensatory Afforestation Fund Bill, 2016 after it was approved by the Rajya Sabha.
The bill provides for establishment of funds under the public accounts of the Centre and State levels for compensatory afforestation.
1. The World Day against Trafficking in Persons is observed across the world on 30 July.
The aim was to raise awareness of the plight of victims of human trafficking and to protect their rights.
1. Eminent author and social activist Mahasweta Devi passed away in Kolkata, West Bengal after a multi-organ failure. She was 91.
Her writings had mainly focused on the marginalized communities in the country and served as the voice of the oppressed and downtrodden.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images