Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan and actress Anushka Sharma will launch the Narendra Modi government’s `Darwaza Band` campaign aimed at making India open defecation free.
The campaign, which will be launched in Mumbai, calls for toilet usage in the rural areas across the country.
2. The Goa State government has decided to ban buying and selling of plastic bags below 50 microns with effect from July.
Initially, violators of the ban will be asked to pay a fine of Rs. 500 and subsequently the fine amount would be raised to Rs 5000 depending upon the initiative’s success.
3. Human Resources Development Minister Prakash Javadekar has launched an Anti-Ragging Mobile App of the University Grants Commission (UGC).
The App was launched to help students register complaints against the menace of ragging in the country.
Previously, students were required to visit the website to register a complaint against ragging.
4. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate Kerala’s prestigious Kochi Metro project on 17th June 2017.
The inaugural function of the 13-km Aluva-Palarivattom corridor will be held at Aluva in Ernakulam district.
5. Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu flagged off the first train of the Delhi Metro’s Heritage Line which will now be open for public.
This 5.17-km-long corridor Heritage Line has four stations- Kashmere Gate, Dilli Gate, Jama Masjid and Lal Quila.
Sports & Athletics:
1. Lionel Messi has won the European Golden Shoe for fourth time, drawing level with Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo.
This award is given for scoring highest number of goals in European season.
Messi previously won the award in 2010, 2012 and 2013.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Priyanka Chopra will receive the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award in a new category that has been introduced by the jury – the ‘International Acclaimed Actress Award‘.
She will be the first recipient of this award.
Priyanka’s mother Madhu Chopra too will be honoured with Dadasaheb Phalke Award in the Best Film category for her maiden production, ‘Ventilator’.
2. Residents of Vadodara created a new Guinness world record with maximum number of people sweeping the ‘floor’ (single venue).
Around 5,058 people came together to sweep the venue – a bridge connecting Akota with Dandia Bazaar which is spread over one kilometer.
This unique program was organized for celebrating the city’s inclusion in ten cleanest cities and as part of the commitment to become the cleanest city next year.
3. HolidayIQ has awarded Lake Pichola as the best natural attraction in India at a Tourism Award Ceremony held at Hotel Taj Man Singh in New Delhi.
Lake Pichola was honored with the title “India’s Favorite Natural Attraction HolidayIQ Award”.
4. Dr. Sunil Kothari has been selected for the coveted Akademi Ratna award by the Sangeet Natak Akademi.
He was instrumental in starting the School of Arts and Aesthetics at Jawaharlal Nehru University where he was appointed as the first professor.
Books & Authors:
1. President of India Pranab Mukherjee has recently received the first copies of two books – Color Atlas of Oral implants and Conservative Dentistry – Basics.
The color atlas – authored by Dr. Praful Bali and Dr. Lanka Mahesh focuses on advanced procedures performed by the authors in the field of dental implantology.
The other book titled Conservative dentistry – Basics, authored by Dr. Dildeep Bali and Dr. Deepika Chandhok focuses on the basic fundamentals of the subject.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Manipur Governor and former minority affairs minister Najma Heptulla has been appointed as the chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia for a term of five years.
She will succeed Lt Gen (Retd) MA Zaki who completes his five-year term this month.
She is the first woman chancellor of the university since its establishment in 1920.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. State Bank of India (SBI), Bank of Maharashtra and Canara Bank have hiked charges for several services or facilities provided to customers.
These include the increase in charges for chequebook issuance, signature verification, cash handling charges, withdrawals beyond stipulated numbers and card issuance charges.
For issuance of local chequebook Bank of Maharashtra charges Rs115 from customers.
For signature or photo verification, Canara Bank will be charging Rs150 per case of attestation from 1st July.
2. According to the World Bank India’s economy will grow 7.2% in fiscal year 2017-18.
GST would lead to higher tax collection, greater digital financial inclusion and make India’s fundamentals stronger and yet not increase the burden on the poor.
3. Export-Import Bank of India (Exim India) has extended a $500 million line-of-credit (LoC) to SBM (Mauritius) Infrastructure Company Ltd.
This LoC has been extended for the purpose of financing its participation through Redeemable Preference Shares in public sector entities to implement infrastructure of other projects in Mauritius.
This $500 million credit is Exim India’s first LOC to the SBM, Mauritius.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India and Fiji signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Defence Cooperation in New Delhi.
The MoU was signed on cooperation on defence industry, military training, humanitarian assistance & disaster management.
2. Government-run Prasar Bharati got into an agreement with Morocco’s Societe Nationale de Radiodiffusion et de Television (SNRT) to step up cooperation in the broadcasting sector.
The MoU was signed during the fifth India Morocco Joint Commission Meeting (JCM) in Rabat, Morocco’s capital.
Science & Technology:
1. India’s homegrown Global Positioning System (GPS), the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) will become operational early in 2018.
At present, NavIC is being tested for its accuracy and is most likely to be available in the market for public use early next year.
The testing of the system includes ground verification and calibration of NavIC data so as to calculate its accuracy.
2. According to the source, A malware named as ‘Judy’ has been attacked more than 3.65 crores of Android users.
This malware attacked Android users through the simple fashion and cooking game apps on the Google Play Store.
Recent Notable Deaths:
1. Former Greek Prime Minister Constantine Mitsotakis, one of Greece’s most prominent veteran politicians has died.
Mitsotakis, whose political career spanned more than half a century, was prime minister of Greece from 1990 to 1993.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Image