Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Uttar Pradesh now has Asia’s first cycle highway.
A first-of-its-kind project, the 207-km-long cycle highway runs between Etawah and Agra and was declared open recently.
The cycle highway runs parallel to the main highway and is about 7-feet-wide.
2. 10-day long festival named Losar festival has begun in Ladakh region of J&K to mark the beginning of New Year in this Himalayan region.
Losar is Tibetan word for ‘new year’ and this festival is an important social and religious celebration in Ladakh.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Thailand’s parliament invited Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn to be the new king, completing a formal step for the heir apparent to take the throne following the death of his father last month.
Vajiralongkorn’s father, the much-revered Bhumibol Adulyadej, who took the throne in 1946, died on October 13 at age of 88 after many years of ill health.
1. Fifteen-time world champion Pankaj Advani suffered a 2-7 loss in the semifinals against Andrew Pagett of Wales to settle for a bronze medal at the IBSF World Snooker Championship here.
Awards & Recognition:
1. As its 2016 word of the year, Dictionary.com has chosen “xenophobia,” which means “fear or hatred of foreigners, people from different cultures, or strangers.”
Dictionary.com is the second major outlet to make their 2016 selection, following Oxford’s choice to anoint ‘post-truth’ earlier in November.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. RBL Bank, one of the country’s fastest growing scheduled commercial banks, and Bajaj Finance, one of the most diversified NBFCs, announced a partnership to launch a series of co-branded credit cards for Indian customers.
The first of these credit cards is proposed to be launched in Q4 of FY17.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Susan Kiefel has been named as the next Chief Justice of the Australian High Court, the first woman to take on the role.
Justice Kiefel will replace the outgoing Chief Justice Robert French, who ends his term on the High Court bench because he has reached the mandatory retirement age of 70
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Home-grown food brand Amul will now sell its products in the US through online retailer Amazon‘s global selling programme.
Starting with Amul Ghee, the Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF), which markets brand Amul, will subsequently offer other products through this exclusive association in the US where it has been exporting since the last 20 years
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Canara Bank, a public sector bank, and Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, a private general insurance company, have signed a corporate agency agreement for the distribution of Bajaj Allianz’s general insurance products.
Both have set a target to achieve Rs. 400 crore business in the first year (FY 2017-18) of operations by utilizing Canara Bank’s 5,920 branch network spread across the country.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images