Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the first phase of the 4 phases Saurastra Narmada Avataran Irrigation yojana (SAUNI) at Sanodara of Jamnagar district of Gujarat.
Under the project, nearly 10 dams and reservoirs of Rajkot, Jamnagar and Morbi will be filled up with the water of Narmada River.
2. The Madhukar Gupta, former Home Secretary Committee on border protection has submitted its report to the Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
1. England blasted a world record one-day international total of 444 for three on the way to a series-clinching victory over Pakistan.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Eminent poet and novelist from Jammu Padma Sachdev chosen for the prestigious Saraswati Samman for the year 2015 for her autobiography “Chitt-Chete“ (in Dogri language).
The award was established by KK Birla Foundation in 1991 and Harivansh Rai Bachchan was the first recipient.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Central Reserve Police Force India (CRPF) has decided to appoint Olympic silver medallist Pusarla Venkata Sindhu as its brand ambassador and bestow the honorary rank of Commandant.
Few year back, Border Security Force (BSF) had appointed cricketer Virat Kohli as its brand ambassador.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The RBI, in its Annual Report, has projected India’s growth rate at 7.6% in 2016- 17, up from 7.2% last year.
The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central banking institution, which controls the monetary policy of the Indian rupee.
2. NABARD has sanctioned a loan of Rs 204.67 crore under Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) for rural infrastructure in Haryana.
3. Public sector Canara Bank has launched a Unified Payment Interface (UPI) app named “empower”.
The mobile app works on NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India) platform and enables bank customers pay and collect using this single app, the bank said.
Science & Technology:
1. Ananth Kumar, the Union minister of Chemicals & Fertilizers and Parliamentary Affairs launched a mobile App developed by NPPA.
The app shows the MRP fixed by NPPA for various scheduled drugs on the real time basis.
1. Eminent painter, writer and art historian Dinanath Pathy passed away following a cardiac arrest at a hospital in Bhubaneshar. He was 74.
He was a former secretary of Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi and Bhubaneswar and is regarded as the pioneer of the art movement in Odisha.
2. Veteran Congress leader and former Governor of Madhya Pradesh Mohammad Shafi Qureshi has passed away in Delhi. He was 87 years old.
He also served as the Deputy Union Minister of Railways and got elected for Lok Sabha twice from Islamabad Parliamentary Constituency.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images