Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. President Pranab Mukherjee has inaugurated Namami Brahmaputra festival on 31st March 2017 in Guwahati, Assam.
The five-day festival will include cultural programmes, traditional shows and film shows among other events.
2. The Government has approved the construction of 1 crore houses for the period of 2016-17 to 2018-19 under Pradhan Mantri Aawas Yojna-Gramin.
The financial implication of the construction is Rs. 81,975 crore.
It is in line with the Prime Minister’s vision of Housing For All by the year 2022.
3. Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar has launched a mobile phone app 100 MB (Master Blaster) Cricket in Mumbai.
100MB Cricket is now available for Android via Google Play, and for iOS via the App Store.
The app is conceptualized and developed by JetSynthesys and has been envisioned by Sachin himself.
4. The NGT has directed public sector oil companies to immediately stop plying Bharat Stage (BS-I & II) vehicles for transporting petrol or petroleum products in Delhi.
The order was issued against Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. and Hindustan Petroleum.
5. ACT Fibernet announced the launch of 1Gbps (gigabits per second) wired broadband internet services in Hyderabad.
This makes the `City of Pearls’ India’s first Giga City.
The 1 Gb plan will be offered at Rs 5,999 per month in Hyderabad.
International – Across the Globe:
1. India has joined the International Energy Agency as an associate member.
With India as a member, International Energy Agency now formally covers 70% of the world’s energy consumption.
Sports & Athletics:
1. India forward SV Sunil was named the Asian Hockey Federation (AHF) Player of the Year for 2016.
Harmanpreet Singh was chosen as the Promising Player of the Year in the continental body’s annual awards.
2. Bhubaneswar will host the Asian Athletics Championships from 6th- 9th July 2017 as per the accountments made by council meeting in Bangkok.
Kalinga Stadium of the Odisha capital will host the continent’s flagship event.
3. International Cricket Council is set to bid for the inclusion of cricket, in its Twenty20 format, in the 2024 Olympic Games.
The committee will choose between 2024 bid cities Paris and Los Angeles at a meeting in Lima in September.
Awards & Recognition:
1. President Pranab Mukherjee conferred Padma Awards 2017 to the recipients at Rashtrapati Bhawan.
Cricketer Virat Kohli, veteran politicians Murli Manohar Joshi and Sharad Pawar and Paralympics medallist Deepa Malik were among the 39 people who were conferred the Padma awards.
Books & Authors:
1. A book titled Zakir Hussain: A Life for Music is to be released by Harper Collings Publishers India.
The book written by Nasreen Munni Kabir will offer readers a personalized view into Indian classical music and an intimate look at Hussain’s life and career.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Senior bureaucrat Vanaja N Sarna was appointed as chairperson of Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC).
She will take over charge from incumbent Najib Shah.
2. Sergeant Ali Javed becomes the first Muslim to join the Emergency Service Unit of the New York City Police Department (NYPD).
He also becomes the first Pakistani American to join the elite services.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The government has lowered interest rates by 0.1% on small savings instruments from 1st April 2017.
Public Provident Fund at of 7.9%.
Five-Year Senior Citizens Savings Scheme at 8.4%.
Five-Year National Savings Certificate at 7.9%.
Kisan Vikas Patra will come down to 7.6%.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India signed the loan agreement with the New Development Bank (NDB) of USD 350 million.
The project is aimed at the upgradation of major district roads in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
The time allotted for the project implementation is 5 years.
Science & Technology:
1. American astronaut Peggy Whitson made history by making her eighth career spacewalk outside the International Space Station.
She broke the record of seven previously held by American Sunita Williams.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images