Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. India is organizing a three-day International Conference 10th ICEGOV 2017 in Delhi from 7th March to 9th March, 2017.
The theme of ICEGOV 2017 will be Building Knowledge Societies: From Digital Government to Digital Empowerment.
The key objective of ICEGOV2017 is to explore how Digital Government can lead to Digital Empowerment by local knowledge.
2. As per a latest national health survey, urban India fares worse than the rural parts of the country in terms of sex-ratio, both overall and at birth.
The overall sex-ratio for the country is 991, while in rural India it was 1009 and in urban areas 956.
3. Vice President Hamid Ansari will attend the Summit of the Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) on 7th March 2017 in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The theme of Summit will be Strengthening Maritime Cooperation for a Peaceful, Stable and Prosperous Indian Ocean.
The IORA Summit is expected to provide momentum to the strengthening of cooperation in the Indian Ocean region.
4. The Railways has sanctioned projects worth Rs 13,500 crore for the North East in this year’s budget.
A bottled drinking water plant under the Rail Neer brand at Jagiroad in Assam and a high-end North East Safari Train was being envisaged.
5. Aadhar Card is made mandatory by the Union HRD Minister for the students to get served cooked meal under the Mid-Day Meal (MDM) Scheme.
The use of Aadhaar as identity document aims at improving efficiency and transparency in the scheme and simplifies government’s delivery process and subsidies.
6. Haryana government has announced a Tirtha Darshan Scheme.
Under the scheme, senior citizens belong to BPL families of any religion and of Haryana domicile would be able to go on a pilgrimage within the country at government expense.
In case of senior citizens of non-BPL families, the government would bear only 70 per cent of the cost.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The Nepal Investment Summit 2017 concluded in Kathmandu.
The objective of the two-day long summit was to project Nepal as an attractive investment destination.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Sri Lanka won the Most Popular Tourism Destination Award at the Guangzhou International Travel Fair (GITF) in China.
The island nation won the prestigious award for the second consecutive year.
China has been Sri Lanka’s second largest source market for tourism since 2014.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Senior IAS officer T Jacob was appointed as Secretary, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
He will hold the rank of an Additional Secretary in the Government of India.
He has been serving as Additional Secretary in the Department of Personnel and Training before his appointment in the UPSC.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The government has asked banks to link all savings bank accounts with net banking facility by 31st March 2017, in order to encourage digital transactions, and to promote transparency.
Till now, 65% bank accounts are already linked with mobile numbers, and the remaining 35% would be seeded with mobile numbers by March 31st.
It is also said the government wants people to make us of the newly launched BHIM App.
2. RBI said that India’s forex reserves increased by USD 63.7 million to USD 362.79 billion due to surge in currency assets.
Total reserves had declined by USD 56.8 million to USD 362.73 billion in the previous reporting week.
3. According to recently released GSM Association report, India will lead the world in smart phone adoption with a net addition of 350 million connections in 2016.
India will add 1.6 billion smartphone connections between now and 2020.
It will be led by India, China and Indonesia.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The State Legislative Assembly has passed the West Bengal Clinical Establishments (Registration, Regulation and Transparency) Bill, 2017, by a voice vote.
It aims to overhaul private healthcare in state and take stringent measures against health institutions accused of medical negligence and corrupt practices.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. State-run gas company GAIL (India) Ltd has signed a time-swap deal with Swiss trader Gunvor to sell some of its US liquefied natural gas (LNG).
This was done as the Indian firm tries to ease the burden of its costly foreign LNG supplies.
2. Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir have signed a Secretary level fresh pact for the fast-track completion of the much-delayed 206 (MW) Shahpur Kandi dam project on the Ravi river.
Punjab will execute the project and committee headed by a member of Central Water Commission (CWC) will monitor it.
20 per cent of power generated from this project will be provided to J&K at the rate of Rs 3.50 per unit.
Recent Notable Deaths:
1. French football legend Raymond Kopa passed away in Paris after a long illness.
He was one of France’s most admired sportsmen who had won the European Cup three times with Real Madrid in the 1950s.
2. Veteran Manipuri politician and former Member of Parliament Yumnam Yaima Singh passed away in Imphal after a brief illness. He was 95.
He was a brilliant writer and had written a book titled “A Piece of Tenth Lok Sabha”.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images