Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Jharkhand becomes first state to implement Direct Benefit Transfer in Kerosene.
Jharkhand on 1 October 2016 became India’s first state to implement Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) in Kerosene.
The scheme is being implemented in four identified districts of the State namely Chatra, Hazaribagh, Khunti and Jamtara.
2. Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis declares Nagpur first digital district of India.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Kersti Kaljulaid elected as first female President of Estonia.
Kaljulaid won vote 81-0, with 20 members absent or abstaining.
1. India’s Gaganjeet Bhullar wins Korea Open.
She won a long trophy drought with a one-stroke victory at the Shinhan Donghae Open in South Korea for his sixth title on the Asian Tour.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Japan’s Ohsumi wins Nobel Prize in medicine.
Yoshinori Ohsumi of Japan won the Nobel Medicine Prize for his work on autophagy.
It is a process whereby cells “eat themselves” which when disrupted can cause Parkinson’s and diabetes.
2. South African teen Kiara Nirghin has won a $50,000 scholarship at Google Science Fair.
A 16 years old Indian origin South African teen Kiara Nirghin has won a $50,000 scholarship the grand prize at the annual Google Science Fair.
She developed a cheaper “super-absorbent material” that helps soil retain water using orange peel.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. R Ravindra concurrently accredited Ambassador to Guinea.
Ravindra has been concurrently accredited as the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Guinea, with residence in Abidjan.
2. Elephant researcher Prajna Chowta conferred with knighthood by the French government.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. SBI opens branch in Yangon after 53 years.
With the opening of this branch, SBI has extended (its) global presence to 37 countries through 198 offices.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images