Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan has inaugurated the three-day Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) exhibition in the Parliament premises in New Delhi.
It will showcase numerous state-of-the-art defence technologies, products, and systems developed by various DRDO laboratories indigenously.
2. The Gujarat high court has quashed 10 percent reservation quota for the economically backward classes (EBCs).
The Court has declared The Gujarat Unreserved Economically Weaker Sections (Reservation of Seats in Educational Institutions in the State and of Appointments and Posts in Services under the State) Ordinance, 2016 unconstitutional.
1. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has agreed to add Baseball-Softball, Karate, Skateboard, Climbing Sports and surfing in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
The inclusion of the new sports will add 18 events.
Awards & Recognition:
1. The advisory committee of the Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award has decided that the 23rd Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award will be given to Shubha Mudgal.
She will be honoured for her outstanding contribution towards the promotion of communal harmony, peace and goodwill.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. The founder and chairperson of the Reliance Foundation Nita Ambani became the first Indian woman member of International Olympic Committee after being elected at the 129th IOC Session in Rio.
She is the only individual member from India and her appointment at the world body is until she attains the age of 70.
2. D. K. Gayen has assumed charge of new General Manager of East Central Railway (ECR) with headquarters at Hajipur in Bihar.
He was earlier holding additional charge of ECR.
He also worked as Chief Mechanical Engineer of South Eastern Railway at Kolkata.
3. Sudhanshu Mani has been appointed as General Manager, Integral Coach Factory.
He also worked as Chief Mechanical Engineer, Rail Wheel Factory, Yelahanka Bengaluru.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Raghuram Rajan has launched ’Sachet- www.sachet.rbi.org.in’.
It’s a web portal to curb illegal collection of deposits from which the members of the public would be able to obtain information regarding entities that are allowed to accept deposits, lodge complaints and also share information regarding illegal acceptance of deposits by unscrupulous entities.
2. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has set up a committee to look at the various facets of household finance in India and to benchmark India’s position vis-à-vis both the peer countries and advanced countries.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images