Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. 5th September National Teacher’s day.
Observance of this day commemorates the birthday of India’s first Vice President and second President Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan since 1962.
2. Majuli named world’s largest river island Majuli.
Island on the Brahmaputra in Assam was declared the largest river island in the world, toppling Marajo in Brazil, by Guinness World Records.
International – Across the Globe:
1. India, Vietnam Sign 12 Agreements to Boost Bilateral ties.
India and Vietnam have signed 12 agreements for cooperation in areas, including defense and IT, to boost bilateral ties.
1. Serena Williams sets women’s record of 307 victories in grand slams.
In the US Open, the American defeated Johanna Larsson of Sweden, 6-2, 6-1 to progress to the pre-quarterfinals and surpass Martina Navratilova’s record of 306 wins.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Mother Teresa is being declared saint by Pope Francis in Vatican City.
The blessing comes on the eve of her 19th death anniversary. Once declared Saint, she will be known as Saint Teresa of Calcutta.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Chennamaneni Vidyasagar Rao given additional charge of TN and MP.
According to a Rashtrapati Bhavan statement, Mr Rao has been assigned the additional charge of Tamil Nadu Governor in place of K Rosaiah, who completed his tenure on August 30.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images