Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The 2017 National conference on Communicating India was held in New Delhi.
The three main themes of the conference were Telling India’s story to the world, Communicating via Journalism and Dialogue with Diaspora.
2. The Union government has approved setting up Rail Development Authority (RDA) to recommend passenger and freight fares and set service level benchmarks.
The Authority have an initial corpus of Rs. 50 crore.
3. The Union Cabinet has approved closure of the Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Suraksha Yojana (MGPSY).
The aim of the scheme was to address the security-related issues of the Emigration Check Required (ECR)-category workers.
The scheme was closed because subscription under it was very low and no new subscription was received for more than a year.
4. PM Narendra Modi will lay the foundation stone of a multi-modal terminal on River Ganga at Sahibganj at the National Waterway-1 from Varanasi to Haldia.
It will have the handling capacity of 2.24 Million Tons Per Annum.
It will contribute to the creation of business and employment opportunities in Jharkhand.
5. The CCEA has approved the extension of the Crime and Criminals Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS) project for another year beyond 31st March 2017.
The extension will help in achieving the remaining objectives of the project comprehensively.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli was honoured as the Wisden’s Leading Cricketer in the World for the year 2016.
Ellyse Perry from Australia was named for Wisden Leading Woman Cricketer in the World for 2016.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Raman Roy has been appointed as the chairman of the National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom).
He will replace CP Gurnani (Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Tech Mahindra).
2. The Reserve Bank of India has appointed Malvika Sinha as Executive Director.
She will take over the post from B P Kanungo who is now Deputy Governor of RBI.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) announced that India’s growth rate will improve to 7.4 percent during 2017-18.
It will rise further to 7.6 percent in the next fiscal.
2. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced the First monetary policy of the current fiscal year 2017-18.
Repo rate kept unchanged at 6.25%.
Reverse repo rate has been increased to 6%.
Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) and the bank rate have been fixed at 6.50%.
Inflation to average at 4.5 percent in the first half of the year and 5 percent in the second half.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The Union Cabinet has approved few MoU’s between India and Bangladesh. They are:
|MoU||Objective to sign MoU|
|1.||Cooperation in the field of Mass Media|
|2.||Audio Visual Co-Production|
|3.||Fairway development on Ashuganj-Zakiganj stretch of Kushiyara river and Sirajganj-Daikhawa stretch of Jamuna river|
|4.||In the field of judicial sector cooperation|
|5.||Passenger cruise services on the coastal and protocol routes|
2. The Union Cabinet has approved the MoU between India and Australia on cooperation in the field of Health and Medicine.
The main areas of cooperation are: Communicable diseases such as Tuberculosis and Malaria. Non-Communicable Diseases and Mental Health etc.
3. The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of the Air Services Agreement (ASA) between India and Georgia.
Its objective is to improve the air connectivity between the two countries.
4. The Union Cabinet has approved MoU between India and France to implement Technical Cooperation Program in civil aviation sector.
Cabinet has also approved collaborative Agreement with French National Research Agency (ANR) for supporting the Belmont Forum Secretariat.
Science & Technology:
1. North Korea has fired a ballistic missile from its east coast into the sea off the Peninsula from Sinpo.
The missile was launched at a high angle and reached an altitude of 189 km and flew about 60 kilometers.
1. International Day of Sport for Development and Peace (IDSDP) was observed across the world on 6 April 2017.
It commemorates the inauguration of the first Olympic games of the modern era, in Athens (Greece) in 1896.
The day recognizes the power of sport in promoting peace and erasing cultural barriers worldwide.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images