Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Eastern Zonal Cultural Centre (EZCC), an autonomous organization under Government of India’s Ministry of Culture, has organized a 64-day-long theatre festival in Kolkata.
The festival- Kolkata Theatre Festival 2016- will showcase as many as 245 theatres of several groups at Bharatiyam Cultural Multiplex in Kolkata’s satellite town Salt Lake.
2. The Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced that the Government has set the ambitious target to roll out of the Goods and Services Tax, (GST) from 1st April 2017.
3. Centre has launched a nation-wide breastfeeding programme “MAA – Mother’s Absolute Affection”.
The aim is to enhance optimal breastfeeding practices in New Delhi.
4. Union Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu has launched Swachh Survekshan-2017 for 500 cities in the country.
The main objective of Swach Survekshan is not to point out shortcomings but to suggest ways to improve the state of cleanliness in the particular area.
1. The 31st Summer Olympic Games has opened in the Brazilian city of Rio de Janeiro, with a vibrant opening ceremony at the Maracana Stadium.
The theme of Rio De Janerio Olympic is world peace and environment.
This time in Rio more than 11,000 athletes from 209 countries are all set to compete, including India, and a refugee Olympic team.
2. Indian Olympic Association (IOA) has announced a cash award for medal winning athletes in RIO Olympics.
50 lakh rupees for the gold medal winning athlete.
30 lakh rupees for the silver medal winning athlete.
20 lakh rupees for the bronze medal winning athlete
Appointments & Resignations:
1. German luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz India Limited (MBIL) has announced the appointment of Michael Jopp as vice-president.
Jopp will succeed Boris Fitz.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Union Government has set an inflation target of 4 % for the next five years with a range of plus/minus 2 % for the next five years.
The target was set under the monetary policy framework agreement with the Reserve Bank.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. IBM in partnership with Apple has launched a new global development hub at Manyata Tech Park, Bengaluru.
The hub mainly aims to help the clients in India complete digital mobility process platform.
Science & Technology:
1. ISRO chairman A S Kiran Kumar has inaugurated a ‘C Band Polarimetric Doppler Weather Radar’ at the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), Thiruvananthapuram.
This Doppler weather radar can provide advance information about storms, cyclones, and other severe weather conditions.
2. Chief Minister of Maharastra Government Mr. Devendra Fadnavis has stated that Maharashtra government will provide as many as 1,200 wi-fi hotspots in the megapolis as a part of transforming Mumbai into a Smart City.
3. China has successfully launched the first Tiantong satellite for mobile telecommunication at southwestern China’s Xichang Satellite Launch Center, with the Long March-3B carrier rocket.
It is the first satellite of China’s home-made satellite mobile telecom system and a key part of the country’s space information infrastructure.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images