Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. India has agreed to train Vietnam’s Sukhoi-30 fighter pilots, boosting growing defence ties between both countries.
In this regard agreement was signed during bilateral discussions between Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar and his Vietnamese counterpart, General Ngo Xuan Lich in New Delhi.
2. E-commerce giant Amazon has launched its global startup program ‘Launchpad’ in India.
The program will enable Indian startups to sell their products overseas.
In this regard, Amazon India has tied up with Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)’s Start Up India and NASSCOM.
3. The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee is on a visit to Haryana on December 6, 2016 and inaugurated the International Gita Mahotsav-2016 at Kurukshetra.
The event showcases the importance of Gita in modern time.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The annual bilateral maritime exercise Konkan 16 between the Indian Navy and the Royal Navy (British Navy) started in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
The 2016 edition of the exercise (from 05 to 16 December 2016) will play an important chapter in the maritime interactions.
1. India’s Mukesh Kumar became the oldest golfer to win an Asian Tour title when he lifted the Panasonic Open after it was curtailed to 54 holes due to fog.
The 51-year-old Mukesh, who has 123 PGTI titles under his belt, turned in a two-under 70 in the final round to total 10-under 206 to claim the trophy, his first on the Asian Tour.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has won the reader’s poll for TIME ‘Person of the Year 2016’.
Modi won 18 per cent of the vote, significantly more than his closest rivals, including U.S. President Barack Obama, U.S. President-elect Donald Trump and Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange
2. The Straits Times of Singapore has chosen Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal for the prestigious “2016 Asian of the Year” as part of a group called the “The Disruptors.
3. Indo-U.S. Relations in an Age of Uncertainty, the book by longtime America-watcher B.M. Jain was released recently.
The book narrates the India-America relations and their future in the Trump-Modi era
Appointments & Resignations:
1. AIADMK leader O. Panneerselvam was sworn in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu following death of Chief Minister Jayalalithaa.
This is for third time he has sworn in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Drugs Technical Advisory Board (DTAB) recently recommended one-time licensing for manufacture and sales of drugs.
If the recommendation is approved it will change present of the renewal of licenses for each formulation which rests with state regulators and takes around three years.
2. India has received over US $300 billion US Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) milestone between April 2000 and September 2016.
The cumulative FDI inflows during the period amounted to US $310.26 billion.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. KPMG and Microsoft India announced a strategic Internet of Things (IoT) Advisory partnership to accelerate the digital transformation of large and mid-market enterprises in the country.
The IoT Advisory will help enterprises deploy solutions that can drive Cloud-based automation, generate operational insights through IoT, provide better customer relationship management and analytics, improve organizational agility and increase workforce mobility
Science & Technology:
1. Researchers from the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), Delhi have found a novel route to discover new drug targets and potential drugs.
These new drug targets route and potential drugs are mainly for parasites such as Loa loa nematode (roundworm) and Schistosoma mansoni platyhelminths (flatworm) that cause several diseases.
1. Former international hockey umpire and veteran administrator, Phulel Singh Sujlana, passed away in Mumbai.
He has officiated some matches first at the international level as an umpire at the 1978 Asian Games in Bangkok.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images