Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Assam Government has launched Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana (CMSGUY).
The Yojana was launched to bring about paradigm shift towards holistic development of villages in the state.
The scheme is a mega mission aimed at bringing in revolutionary changes by doubling the farm income in the State.
As per Situation Assessment Survey (period from 2002-03 to 2012-13), the farm income in Assam was recorded only 0.88% as against national average of 5.2%.
2. A ban on cash transaction of more than Rs 3 lakh has been proposed in the Budget for 2017-18.
Revenue secretary Hasmukh Adhia said the penalty for doing cash transaction will be steep and the receiver will have to pay an amount equivalent to the cash received.
Supposing you do a transaction of Rs 4 lakh in cash, then the penalty would be Rs 4 lakh.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Qatar Airways launched the world’s longest scheduled commercial service with its inaugural flight from Doha to Auckland.
Flight QR920 left the Qatari capital and is set to land in New Zealand.
The Boeing 777 flight will take 16 hours and 20 minutes, pass over 10 time zones, five countries and travel 14,535 km before reaching Auckland.
Sports & Athletics:
1. Madhurika Patkar and Sharath Kamal won single’s title in National Table Tennis Championship.
Madhurika Patkar won the women’s singles crown for the first time, while veteran A. Sharath Kamal bagged his seventh national crown in the 78th Sports Table Tennis Senior National Championships.
Sharath beat Soumyajit Ghosh by 4-2 and Madhurika beat six-time national champion Poulomi Ghatak by 4-0 at the Manesar Sports Club.
2. The Basketball Federation of India (BFI) announced that India will host two international events in 2017, the FIBA Women’s Asia Cup and FIBA Under-16 Women’s Asian Championship.
The FIBA Women’s Asia Cup will be held from 23rd July to 29th July in Bengaluru.
The FIBA U-16 Women’s Asian Championship will be held from 22nd October to 28th October in Hyderabad.
3. Minister of State (I/C) for Youth Affairs & Sports Shri Vijay laid the foundation of Center of Excellence for Differently Abled Sportspersons at SAI Gandhinagar.
The first ever training centre dedicated for Para athletes in the country.
Vijay Goel laid the foundation stone of Boundary wall for the Center of Excellence Para Center at Sector – 25 Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Para athletes have won 4 medals in Rio Paralympics last year.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. KPMG India board has elected Arun M Kumar as chairman and CEO to lead the India operations of the consulting and accounting major.
He succeeds Richard Rekhy, who stepped down in November last year.
Rekhy had been re-elected for a four-year term earlier in January 2016.
2. The AIADMK has elected Sasikala Natarajan as the leader of its legislative party in the Tamil Nadu Assembly.
Sasikala is all set to become the Next Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
O Panneerselvam had resigned and proposed her name at the meeting of AIADMK legislators.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The UK’s CDC Group-backed Ujjivan Small Finance Bank is going to open its first set of branches for public transaction.
The bank will start rolling out branch network across India from next fiscal.
Ujjivan Managing Director Samit Ghosh said that the bank will test all the technical and connectivity issues over the next one month as a preparation before going full throttle.
2. Industry body Assocham has said that Reserve Bank of India should cut interest rate by 75 per cent in view of dismal credit growth as well as subdued demand.
RBI Monetary Policy Committee will meet on 7th-8th February for next bi-monthly credit policy.
Assocham has impressed upon the central bank and the Finance Ministry to ensure adequate transmission of cuts in the interest rates.
3. The 2017 Brand Finance Banking 500 report said that for the first time, a non-western brand tops the ranking.
Chinese banks brand value growth has been rapidly outpacing that of European and North American competitors.
The world’s biggest bank by assets, ICBC’s brand value has grown 32% year on year to a total of $47.8 billion.
Three Indian banks- SBI, HDFC Bank and ICICI are in hundred most valuable banks, ranked 51st,74th and 86th respectively.
4. The tax department will withhold refund in scrutiny cases only in exceptional circumstances from next financial year.
In order to address the concerns of assesses in genuine cases, the Finance Bill 2017 has relaxed the norms for refunds for scrutiny cases.
CBDT Chairman Sushil Chandra said that Income Tax refund will not be withheld simply because the case has been selected for scrutiny.
Science & Technology:
1. The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has launched Measles Rubella (MR) vaccination campaign in the country at Bengaluru, Karnataka.
The campaign will start from five States/UTs viz. Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Goa and Lakshadweep covering nearly 3.6 crore target children.
Under it all children aged between 9 months and less than 15 years will be given a single shot of Measles-Rubella (MR) vaccination.
The vaccination will be free of cost irrespective of the previous vaccination status or disease status of the children.
1. The International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation is a United Nations (UN) campaign held on 6 February to stop genital mutilation to girls and women.
The theme for 2017 is: Building a solid and interactive bridge between Africa and the world to accelerate ending FGM by 2030.
The programme currently focuses on 17 African countries and also supports regional and global initiatives.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images