Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. PM Modi has drawn up 25-point Swachh roadmap.
Under this roadmap PM Modi has suggested 25 actionable points for promoting his flagship Swachh Bharat scheme.
Given below are some important points among all the 25 points:
Build more urinals in urban areas.
Prepare a bank of quotes of famous people.
Their views on sanitation and focus more on composting of urban waste.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani jointly inaugurated the Afghan-India Friendship Dam in Herat province in Western Afghanistan.
The dam was inaugurated during PM Narendra Modi’s first stop to Afghanistan as part of his five- nation tour which will also take him to Qatar, Switzerland, US and Mexico.
The Dam was earlier known as Salma Dam.
It is built on the river Chist-e-Sharif in western Herat neighbouring Iran and is earth and rock fill dam.
It is a multipurpose project built to generate 42 MW of power, irrigate 75000 hectares of land, water supply and other benefits to the people of Afghanistan.
1. World Number One tennis player Novak Djokovic from Serbia has won the 2016 French Open title in the men’s singles category.
He defeated Britain’s Andy Murray by 3-6, 6-1, 6-2, 6-4 score.
It is his first French Open title and completed the career Grand Slam.
2. South Asian Games gold medalist Indian judoka Avtar Singh has qualified for the 2016 Rio Olympic Games.
The game is scheduled to be held in August 2016 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
He has qualified under 90kg weight category under the continental quota.
His current world Ranking is 79 with 182 points.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi was conferred with Amir Amanullah Khan Award.
It is the highest civilian honour of Afghanistan.
The award was bestowed upon him at the inaugural function of the Afghan-India Friendship Dam (Salma Dam) by Afghan President Ashraf Ghani.
The award is named after Afghan national hero Amanullah Khan who championed the cause of Afghanistan’s freedom.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India and Qatar have signed seven bilateral agreements in various fields to boost bilateral ties.
These agreements were signed in presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Qatar Emir Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani in Doha.
The agreements are as follows:
MoU for investment in National investment & infrastructure fund.
MoU on cooperation in tourism.
Agreement on cooperation and mutual assistance in custom matters.
MoU on Finance Intelligence Unit-India (FIU-IND) and Qatar Financial Information Unit (QFIU).
MoU in the field of youth and sports.
MoU on cooperation in skill development & recognition of qualifications.
MoU on cooperation in the field of health.
1. India’s first Mr Universe and body-builder Manohar Aich passed away in Kolkata, West Bengal due to age-related ailments. He was 104.
He had won the Mr. Universe title in 1952 and was nicknamed ‘Pocket Hercules’ due to his 4-feet, 11-inch frame.
He was also nicknamed “Bahubali”.
He was first Indian to win the title post-independence.
He had won the 1952 NABBA Universe Championships.
In 1950, he had won Mr. Hercules contest at the age of 36.
Daily GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Imgaes