Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Union Minister of State Dr. Jitendra Singh announced the launch of Hill Area Development Programme (HADP) for Northeast in Imphal (Manipur).
The hilly areas of Manipur, Tripura and Assam have a distinct geophysical entity and are lagging in socio-economic development.
2. Kerala State government has come out with a green protocol to make the weddings in the state more nature-friendly.
As per the protocol, plastic and other non-biodegradable articles including disposable glasses and plates and thermocol decorations will not be permitted to be used in wedding ceremonies.
3. Union Government launched 10 lakh LED street lights to be installed in Gram Panchayats of 7 districts in State namely Guntur, Prakasham, Nellore, Kurnool, Kadapa, Anantapur & Chittoor in the first phase.
This is the first project for rural LED street lighting in the country under the Government of India’s Street Lighting National Project (SLNP).
4. Habibganj Railway Station in the suburbs of Bhopal will become country’s first railway station to be redeveloped in a public-private partnership (PPP) mode.
The idea is to develop Habibganj railway station as a world-class transit hub equipped with all amenities.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The second Mission Innovation Ministerial (MI-2) will take place in Beijing, China on 7th–8th June 2017.
This event will include ministerial working sessions, opportunities for high-profile announcements, Innovation Challenge discussions, and a series of side events.
2. Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt, Yemen, Libya and UAE have suspended their diplomatic ties with Qatar.
All the six countries have announced that they would withdraw their diplomatic staff from Qatar and eject Qatar’s diplomats from their territories and also planned to cut air and sea traffic.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Sachin Tendulkar joins a roster of global celebrities, including David Beckham and Novak Djokovic, for a special UNICEF Super Dads Campaign.
The initiative is aimed at celebrating fatherhood and highlights the importance of love, play, protection and good nutrition for the healthy development of the brains of the young children.
Books & Authors:
1. Arundhati Roy’s second novel The Ministry of Utmost Happiness was launched after a gap of 20 year years from her debut The God of Small Things.
She became the first Indian woman to win the prestigious Booker Prize for her first novel The God of Small Things.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Sher Bahadur Deuba has been elected as Nepal’s Prime Minister for the fourth time.
Deuba managed to secure 388 votes in the 593 strong Parliament in order to prove his majority.
2. Dr. Sharad Kumar Jain has assumed the additional charge of Director General, National Water Development Agency (NWDA) under Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.
He is presently working as Scientist G with National Institute of Hydrology (NIH), Roorkee.
He will succeed Shri S. Masood Husain who has moved over as Member (WP&P), Central Water Commission.
3. Bollywood actress Dia Mirza was appointed brand ambassador for the Wildlife Trust of India (WTI) on World Environment Day.
She has always been promoting conservation of nature through her celebrity status before a wider, more mainstream audience
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Finance Minister asked other ministers to decide on FDI proposals within 60 days of the application and any rejection will need the concurrence of the DIPP.
A timeline of 4 weeks has been fixed for the transfer of all pending applications with the FIPB to the respective administrative ministries.
2. An agreement for IBRD Credit of USD 39.2 Million from World Bank for the project “Assam Citizen Centric Service Delivery” was signed.
The objective of the project is to improve access to the delivery of selected public services in Assam.
The Project seeks to enable citizens to access services under the RTPS Act in a timely, efficient, and accountable manner.
3. Vijaya Bank started to develop as many as 100 digital villages in various States across the country as part of its initiative to promote digital banking among the rural population.
It is the only public sector financial institution to develop digital villages with a focus on rural population.
The bank has already developed 5 villages into Digital Villages.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The National Aviation University (NAU) signed a MoU with the Bird Worldwide Flight Services (India) Private Limited to develop professional aviation and aerospace education programs and research for the benefit of the Indian civil aviation industry.
The focus of the skill development programs would be on the quality of skilling which is aligned to the National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF).
2. Nepal has signed a MoU with China Gezhouba Group Corporation (CGGC) for developing a 1,200 MW Budhigandaki Hydroelectric Project, which will be the biggest hydro project in Nepal.
As per the agreement, the hydro project would be built under engineering, procurement, construction and finance (EPCF) model.
Science & Technology:
1. Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has launched three new apps Mycall app, MySpeed app and ‘Do not disturb (DND 2.0)’ to help customers rate quality of services, speed and performance.
MyCall app will help mobile phone users rate their experience about voice call quality in real time
MySpeed app will enable TRAI to obtain test-data from users in all service areas, without any action by the users.
2. According to the Animal Discoveries 2016, New Species and Records, brought out by the Zoological Survey of India and Plant Discoveries 2016, by the Botanical Survey of India, 499 new species have been discovered from various parts of the country last year.
Of the new discoveries, 258 are invertebrates and 55 are vertebrates.
3. The National Board of Wildlife approved Rutland Island in South Andaman to be the site for the country’s long-range missile test facility.
The project involves diversion of 49.978 acres forest land, of which 0.84 falls in the Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park and 49.138 reserve forest within 10km of the Eco Sensitive Zone.
4. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has announced that it is working on a forecasting system that will give a 15-day warnings on the likelihood of a malaria or chikungunya outbreak across different regions of the country.
The services are aimed at providing custom, weather-related information to cope with challenges of a global warming and its associated impact of weather.
5. A team of Astronomers discovered the hottest giant planet KELT-9b with a dayside temperature of more than 4,300 degrees Celsius.
KELT-9b is a hybrid planet-star.
It has the mass of Planet and an atmosphere like a star.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images