Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Supreme Court has ruled that Horse Racing is not animal cruelt, whereas Jallikattu (Bull Racing) has been ruled out as illegal because it needs torture to bulls.
2. NITI Aayog has launched a series of incentives for encouraging digital payments for day to day financial transactions like buying or selling goods/services, transferring money etc., at the district, taluk and panchayat level.
3. The world’s first hospital train, Lifeline Express is all set to get two additional coaches for cancer treatment.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) countries have agreed to share tax information to ensure the fairness of the international tax system.
2. New French Prime Minister – Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve.
Bernard Cazeneuve was appointed as the French Prime Minister on 4th December 2016 after PM Manuel Valls resigned to seek the Socialist Party’s ticket in 2017 presidential elections.
3. Uzbekistan’s interim leader, Shavkat Mirziyoyev has won a crushing presidential election victory to succeed the late Islam Karimov.
4. Singapore has the highest achieving students in international education rankings, with its teenagers coming top in tests in maths, reading and science.
5. The Russian-Indian- Indra NAVY-2016 Naval Exercise will be held from 14th to 21st December.
The exercise will be held in the city of Visakhapatnam and in the Bay of Bengal.
1. Argentina won the Women’s Hockey Junior World Cup 2016 as they defeated Netherlands.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Based on the IMDb Users Ratings, the Amitabh Bachchan starrer movie ‘Pink’ has ranked first, Akshay Kumar’s ‘Airlift’ ranks second and ‘Dear Zindagi’ ranks third in the list of ‘Top 10 Indian Movies in 2016′ by IMDb.
2. Nickelodeon’s Kids Choice Awards –
Icon of the Year – Shah Rukh Khan
Best Actor – Salman Khan for ‘Sultan’
Best Actress – Deepika Padukon for ‘Bajirao Mastani’.
3. The World Economic Forum (WEF) has named Hindi language ranked 10th in the top 10 most powerful languages on the planet.
4. Corporation Bank has bagged the ‘Best MSME Bank Award 2016’ instituted by Assocham.
5. Vijaya Bank has been adjudged ‘Best Bank for SME Lending award’ by Assocham.
6. Bharat Earth Movers Limited Ltd (BEML) has bagged the ‘CII National Quality 2016 Award’.
7. Multimedia artist Helen Marten won the Turner Prize, which is Britain’s top award for contemporary art.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Public sector company MMTC will tie-up with the State Bank of India (SBI) to sell government minted “Indian Gold Coin”.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Justice Jagdish Singh (JS) Khehar will be the next Chief Justice of India based on the recommendations by present Chief Justice of India Mr. TS Thakur.
2. Senior bureaucrat B S Bhullar was appointed as the Chief of Aviation Regulator Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has declared that the banks must bear the full losses in the event of any security breach or compromise in the authorized card network.
Banks issuing the cards will offer the ‘payment authentication solutions’ of the respective card networks on an optional basis to their customers.
2. The Reserve Bank of India has withdrawn the incremental cash reserve ratio (CRR) of 100%.
3. The Reserve Bank of India has authorized the Receivables Exchange of India (RXIL), promoted by Sidbi and NSE, to launch the country’s first trade receivables exchange platform for MSMEs, buyers and financiers.
Study about RBI in detail! Visit here – RBI: Every Single Important Thing You Need To Know!
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Indian Oil Corporation, Bharat Petroleum Corporation and Hindustan Petroleum Corp have signed a pact to build India’s biggest oil refinery at a cost of $30 billion on the west coast.
Science & Technology:
1. The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has successfully launched remote sensing Satellite Resourcesat-2A into its dedicated orbit.
2. Researchers’ team headed by Dr. S. Ramakrishnan from TIFR have discovered that bismuth semi-metal in bulk form becomes a superconductor.
3. Andhra Pradesh Government has launched AP Purse mobile application to promote digital transactions among the people.
4. The Union Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) has launched Winter Fog Experiment (WIFEX 2016-17)to study the presence of extended periods of fog in northern parts of the country.
5. With the launch of Mahawallet, Maharashtra will become the first state to have its own mobile wallet that will also allow users to transfer funds to or from other mobile wallets such as Paytm and Mobikwik.
1. The Union Government is going to observe birth anniversary of the father of Indian Constitution B R Ambedkar i.e. April 14 as “Water Day” in the country.
1. Former Indian defender and Coach Syed Abdus Salam, best defender at the 1956 Melbourne Games, passed away in Hyderabad.
2. Cho Ramaswamy, Actor, political commentator, theatre personality and editor of Thuglak (Tamil Magazine) passed away.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
Image Courtesy: Google Images