Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Uber launched UberHIRE that allows customers to hire a taxi for a day to cover several destinations.
The new category aims at targeting senior citizens, business travelers and tourists.
Presently, UberHIRE works only on cash payments.
2. The Supreme Court directed central government to register details of identity of every mobile user within a year.
Phone numbers of subscribers linked to Aadhar card will be made mandatory.
The court also directed the Centre to device a way so that each person with a pre-paid sim would have to fill and deposit a form whenever he or she recharges.
3. First smart police station of the country inaugurated by CM of Andhra Pradesh N. Chandrababu Naidu in the state.
The Model Police Station in build like a corporate office building with plush interiors and green environment.
The Police Station opened at Nagarampalem in the capital region Amaravathi.
It will work on smart policing system that will make the police process much transparent.
International – Across the Globe:
1. In an effort to strengthen the bilateral relations between India and UAE, the Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) Samudra Pavak made a goodwill visit at the Mina Al Rashid (Dubai Port).
The Indian Ambassador in UAE Navdeep Suri visited the Indian Navy ship.
The joint exercise aimed to enhance co-operation and exchange of operational expertise.
Sports & Athletics:
1. The Billiards and Snooker Federation of India announced that India would be hosting the World Billiards Championships for the next four years.
The prestigious tournament was held in Bengaluru last year as well and was won by India’s own Pankaj Advani.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Indian-origin British sculptor Anish Kapoor was named the winner of a prestigious USD 1 million Genesis prize by Israel.
The prize committee, headed by Jewish Agency chairman Natan Sharansky.
The head of committee acknowledged Kapoor as one of the most influential and innovative artists of his generation.
Books & Authors:
1. Information and Broadcasting Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu released the annual year book ‘India-2017’ and ‘Bharat-2017’ at a function in New Delhi.
These books give comprehensive information about the country and various States and Union Territories.
It also provides detailed information on various schemes and projects of Government and its various departments.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Bank of Maharashtra has partnered with insurance company Cigna TTK Health to market the insurer’s products in the bank’s branches across the entire country.
Under the agreement, the bank will offer all the Cigna TTK’s heath care products to its 2 crore customers.
The tie-up will boost penetration of health insurance in the country.
2. India’s third largest private bank, Axis Bank has tied up with Earthport Plc, a cross-border payment network.
It will enable faster outbound cross-border payments for its customers through Earthport’s state-of-the-art global payments network.
Through this the bank can send payments seamlessly to almost any bank account in the world on behalf of their clients.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Balesh Sharma will replace Naveen Chopra, the current Chief Operating Officer of Vodafone Group.
The change was made to better tackle competitive pressures triggered by the entry of Reliance Jio Infocomm.
Sharma will take over from Chopra from April 1.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. State-owned BSNL has reduced duration of its landline to landline local call by one minute on same network and also hiked the charge by 20 per cent.
The duration of each local call from BSNL landline to BSNL landline has been reduced from three minutes to two minutes.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. A Tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for implementation of Tourism projects in Jammu and Kashmir was signed among Ministry of Tourism, NPCC & NBCC and Government of J&K.
The two projects sanctioned are – Integrated Development of Tourist facilities at Gulmarg and Integrated Development of Tourist facilities.
Major components sanctioned under the projects are Yoga centre, wellness SPA, Log Huts, heliports, Open air theatre etc.
Recent Notable Deaths:
1. Racharla Samrajyam, a veteran freedom fighter, passed away following age-related illness at Vishakhapatnam.
She was inspired by the Quit India Movement.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images