Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. India has been ranked second position as per 2016 Global Retail Development Index (GRDI).
A London-based business consultancy A T Kearney released the report.
India has jumped 13 positions from last year (2015) to rank second among 30 developing countries on ease of doing business.
The GRD Index analyses 25 retail-specific and macroeconomic variables to help retailers devise successful global strategies to identify emerging market investment opportunities.
2. Himachal Pradesh became the first state in the country to have a State Data Centre (SDC), designed using green data centre concept.
It was launched by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh in Shimla.
It will offer 101 people-oriented services online through an integrated data base.
3. The Gujarat government has announced its first ever IT and Electronics Start-up Policy.
The policy will be applicable only to IT and electronics related start-ups.
It focuses on encouraging new ventures by providing them various incentives and subsidies.
4. The Delhi government has approved the first Solar Policy.
The motive of the policy is to make the Capital an environment-friendly solar city.
Government of Delhi has prepared the policy in consultation with the Dialogue and Development Commission (DDC) after extensive consultations with local and international experts.
5. Guwahati (Assam) became the first city in the country to have “Sihu” as its own city animal.
Gangetic River Dolphin locally in Guwahati is known as ‘Sihu’ and it is on the verge of extinction.
This comes after Kamrup metropolitan district administration declared Gangetic River dolphin as its official mascot.
International – Across the Globe:
1. India has become the co-chair of Working Group on Maritime Situational Awareness (WG-MSA).
It was decided under Contact Group on Piracy off the Coast of Somalia (CGPCS).
For this, decision was taken through a consensus during the 19th Plenary Session of the CGPCS held in Mahe, Seychelles from 31st May to 3th June 2016.
CGPCS is an international governance mechanism established in 2009 to facilitate the discussion and coordination of actions among states and organizations to suppress maritime piracy near Somali.
2. India has managed to win crucial support from Switzerland for Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) membership.
Swiss President Johann Schneider-Ammann has announced his country’s support for India’s membership to the elite NSG.
NSG is a multinational body concerned with reducing nuclear proliferation by controlling the export and re-transfer of materials that may be used for development of nuclear weapons.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Congress Party leader V Narayanasamy was sworn in as Chief Minister of the Union Territory of Puducherry.
He was administered the oath of office and secrecy by Lt. Governor Kiran Bedi.
The oath took place at a function held at the historic Gandhi Thidal in Beach Road.
2. Bollywood actress Dia Mirza was named as the ambassador for Swachh Saathi (student internship) programme.
The reason behind her selection is that she is an active campaigner and a youth icon for Swachh Bharat (Clean India) Mission to make country clean.
Swachh Saathi programme is a youth-based programme of Swachh Bharat Mission.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India and United States (US) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to facilitate hassle-free entry of Indians into America at selected airports.
The hassle-free entry will provide speedy security clearances for pre-approved, low-risk travellers from the country.
The MoU was signed as part of US’s International Expedited Traveller Initiative (also known as the Global Entry Programme).
Science & Technology:
1. The world’s first 3D-printed aircraft THOR was unveiled by European aerospace company, Airbus at the International Aerospace Exhibition held in Schoenefeld, Germany.
The THOR is short for Test of High-tech Objectives in Reality.
It resembles a large, white model airplane but is windowless.
2. Rajasthan Government has launched mobile application RajVayu.
This app will share information about air quality index of Jaipur, Udaipur and Jodhpur.
Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje launched this app on the eve of World Environment Day (5th June).
By launching the app, now Rajasthan becomes first state in country to launch such app for sharing information about air quality index of cities.
1. Every year World Environment Day (WED) is observed on 5 June.
The day is celebrated to raise global awareness to take positive environmental action to protect nature and the planet Earth.
2016 Theme for the days was Go Wild for Life (Zero tolerance for the illegal trade in wildlife).
The theme seeks to encourage conservation of all those species under threat and calls for taking action to help safeguard them for future generations.
Host for the 2016 celebration was Angola.
World Environment Day was established by the United Nations General Assembly in 1972 to mark the opening of United Nations Conference on the Human Environment 1972 which began in Stockholm.
Daily GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image courtesy: Google Images