Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Shri J P Nadda, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare launched the ‘Skill for Life, Save a Life’ initiative at a function.
The initiative aims to upscale the quantity and quality of trained professionals in the healthcare system.
Under this initiative, various courses are planned to be initiated targeting specific competencies for healthcare professionals as well as for the general
2. The Uttar Pradesh state government has planned to replace textbooks meant for Uttar Pradesh Secondary Education Board with the ones published by the NCERT.
The aim is to bring the curriculum of UP Board at par with the CBSE.
The decision to introduce NCERT books is expected to come into force with the academic year 2018-19.
3. Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu launched Segregation of Waste at Source Initiative for National Capital Region at Talkatora Stadium.
It would help to protect the environment, preservation of earth from climate change and make waste into the wealth by recycling.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Popular writer Anand Neelakantan, Odia poet Haraprasad Das and author Paramita Satpathy were announced winners of the Kalinga Literary Awards.
The Kalinga International Literary Award, Kalinga Literary Youth Award and Kalinga Karubaki Award will be conferred upon Neelakantan, Das and Satpathy respectively.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. The proposed merger between Aadhar Housing Finance and Dewan Housing Finance Limited (DHFL) Vyasa got the approval from housing finance regulator National Housing Bank (NHB).
Both the companies are owned by Wadhawan family promoted Wadhawan Global Capital Pvt Limited.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Hoshiar Singh a 1994 batch officer of the Indian Telecom Service appointed as Registrar of Copyrights.
His period of five years as per the recent order issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
Economics & Banking GK:
1. ICICI Bank commissioned over 200 solar powered ATM sites in the last one year as part of its efforts to reduce carbon footprint and use more clean energy.
This is equivalent to the amount of energy that can power 42,000 rural households for an entire year.
2. State Bank of India will organize farmers’ meets at 15,500 rural and semi-urban branches across the country on 8th June.
The SBI hopes to reach out to at least 10 lakh farmers through these meets on the day.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India signed an agreement to provide assistance of 318 million US Dollar credit line to Sri Lanka for the development of the railway sector in the country.
India already provided four Lines of Credit for the development of railway sector in Sri Lanka through its EXIM Bank amounting to approximately USD 966 million.
Science & Technology:
1. The world’s First Hybrid Aeroboat built by an Indo-Russian joint venture announced publicly start-ups event organized by Russia’s state-run Skolkovo Foundation.
The Aeroboat is capable of traveling on land, water, snow, and sand.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images