Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore has been ranked eighth at The Best Small Universities in the World 2017.
It becomes the first Indian University to be ranked among top 10 in the world.
2. The World Health Organisation (WHO) announced that more than 1 in 4 deaths of children under 5 years of age are attributable to unhealthy environments.
The revelations were made by the agency in its two new reports, titled Inheriting a Sustainable World: Atlas on Children’s Health and the Environment and Don’t pollute my future! The impact of the environment on children’s health.
3. Prime Minister, Narendra Modi released a commemorative postage stamp on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of Yogoda Satsanga Society of India.
He said it is unfortunate that some people link Adhyatma with religion.
4. The Supreme Court of India said that it will not accept discharge of senior BJP leader LK Advani and others in the Babri Masjid demolition case only on technical grounds.
5. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate to the nation a Petrochemical Complex of ONGC Petro Additions Limited at Dahej, Gujrat.
During his two day visit to Gujarat he will also dedicate a four-lane bridge over the Narmada at Bharuch on NH-8.
6. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affair (CCEA) approved the proposal for revival of 50 un-served airports and airstrips of the state governments, Airports Authority of India and Civil enclaves.
The total cost of the project is estimated to be 4500 crore rupees.
International – Across the Globe:
1. A 14-day joint training exercise of the armies of India and Oman has begun at Bakloh in Himachal Pradesh.
The exercise, Al Nagah-II, drew contingents comprised of platoon strength troops from both the armies.
2. President Donald Trump removed Iraq from a list of countries targeted in a US travel ban when he signed a new executive order after his controversial first attempt was blocked in the courts.
The new executive order would keep a 90-day ban on travel to the United States by citizens of six Muslim-majority nations – Iran, Libya, Syria, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen.
3. The United Nations Security Council will hold an emergency meeting on 8 March 2017 to discuss the latest missile launch by North Korea.
North Korea fired four banned ballistic missiles into the sea off Japan’s northwest coast, alarming both Japan and South Korea.
4. North Korea had temporarily banned Malaysians from leaving the country to ensure the safety of its diplomats and citizens in Malaysia.
The two countries will swiftly resolve the case in order to develop bilateral ties between both the nations.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Oil and gas experts Melody Meyer and Atul Gupta were appointed as advisors of Hydrocarbons Major Cairn India.
As advisors, they will provide strategic direction and delivery focus to Cairn India.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. State Bank of India has decided to resume the charge on savings account holders for failing to maintain the monthly average balance in their accounts from 1st April 2017.
Monthly average balance that customers will have to maintain in their savings bank accounts in SBI branches in metropolitan areas is Rs 5,000.
In case the shortfall in the monthly average balance is below 50 per cent, then a charge of Rs 50 plus service tax will be levied.
2. The Trade Mark Rules, 2017 came into effect on 6 March 2017.
This will replace the erstwhile Trade Mark Rules, 2002 and streamline and simplify the processing of Trade Mark applications.
The number of Trade Mark (TM) forms has been brought down to eight from existing 74.
3. Haryana Finance Minister Captain Abhimanyu presented the State annual budget for 2017-18 in the legislative assembly.
The total size of the budget was pegged at over Rs 1,02,329 crore for the fiscal year 2017-18.
The proposal comprises 21.88 per cent as capital expenditure of Rs 22,393.51 crore and 78.12 per cent as revenue expenditure of Rs 79,935.84 crore.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The Union Cabinet approved the signing of MoU between India and the United Nations Entity of Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN-Women).
The MoU seeks to provide technical support to the Ministry of Panchayati Raj to better leverage opportunities created for gender equality through legislation, policies and programmes.
2. The Union Cabinet approved MoU between India and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in the field of energy efficiency services.
The MoU paves the way for collaboration between the National Productivity Council (NPC) and Al Etihad Energy Services UAE in the field of energy management and conservation.
Recent Notable Deaths:
1. Eminent socialist leader, former Union Minister and former Speaker of Lok Sabha Rabi Ray passed away in Cuttack. He was 91.
He was first elected to the Lok Sabha in 1967, from the Puri parliamentary constituency, and was the leader of the Samyukta Socialist Party in the Lok Sabha.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images