Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 12th edition of International Oil and Gas Conference and Exhibition “Petrotech-2016” in New Delhi on 5 December 2016.
The 2016 theme is “Hydrocarbons to fuel the future – Choices and Challenges”.
2. Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has launched a unique platform called ‘Startup Mentorship Circle’.
It will help in connecting start-ups with the global marketplace.
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first International Agro-biodiversity Congress in New Delhi.
The 4-day Congress (from November 6 to 9, 2016) will be attended by 900 delegates from 60 countries to discuss conservation of genetic resources.
4. Construction major Hindustan Construction Company (HCC) became India’s first firm to get debt recast under RBI’s new Scheme for Sustainable Structuring of Stressed Assets (S4A).
The RBI-mandated Overseeing Committee (OC) under the S4A has approved HCC’s Rs. 5,000-crore debt recast passed by an ICICI Bank-led joint lender forum in September 2016.
International – Across the Globe:
1. National Security Advisors of India and Japan held bilateral consultations in New Delhi.
They shared a view that the Special Strategic and Global Partnership between the two countries is a key partnership for promoting peace, prosperity and development in the region and the world.
1. India prevailed 3-2 over Pakistan to reclaim the Asian Champions Trophy hockey title.
This was the first time the teams were meeting in the final of a continental tournament since India dethroned Pakistan as the Asian Games champions in Incheon, South Korea in 2014.
2. Karandeep Kochhar stunned the heavyweights to become the youngest golfer and first Indian amateur to win on the PGTI presented by Tollygunge Club.
He bettered Shubhankar Sharma’s feat in Kochi two years ago when he had won at the age of 17 years and eight months.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Indian lawyer, Aniruddha Rajput has been elected as a member International Law Commission (ILC).
He is the first Indian nominee chosen from outside the close circuit of lawyers of the Union Ministry of External Affairs.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Centre has fined Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) and its partners BP and Niko nearly slapped a nearly Rs.10000 crore.
The fine is levied due to pumping out gas that flowed to the Krishna Godavari-D6 Block from an adjoining field owned by ONGC.
2. The Indian Steel Association (ISA) has asked the Central Government not to impose any anti-dumping duty on Metallurgical Coke (met coke) fearing cost escalation of their products.
A levy of anti-dumping duty on met coke will have a cost-push effect on the steel sector.
It will fuel further the cost of steel making, resulting in an increase in the cost of finished steel.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. DRDO has signed a MoU with IIT Delhi to establish a Joint Advanced Technology Centre (JATC).
The JATC will be located in the campus of IIT Delhi at the upcoming Science and Technology Park (Mini-Science Park ‘MSP’).
2. India and Sri Lanka have agreed to set up a Joint Working Group (JWG) on Fisheries and hotline between their Coast Guards to address long-standing issue of fishermen from Tamil Nadu.
These mechanisms aim to help find a permanent solution to the fishermen issues.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images