Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Union Finance Ministry sets up Public Debt Management Cell.
It is created to streamline government borrowings and better cash management with the overall objective of deepening bond markets.
2. Union Cabinet has approved setting up of India’s first Medipark in Tamil Nadu.
India is hosting the 2016 Asian Ministerial Conference for Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR) from November 3 to 5, 2016 in New Delhi.
1. Jitu Rai wins Silver at World Cup in Italy in Shooting.
Awards & Recognition:
1. IAF inducts renowned space scientist UR Rao in Hall of Fame.
The International Astronautical Federation’s renowned space scientist U.R. Rao has been inducted into its Hall of Fame for his contribution to development of India’s space technology.
2. Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling was honored with prestigious Sustainable Development Leadership Award of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI).
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Jammu and Kashmir Bank has appointed Parvez Ahmed as Chairman and CEO of the bank.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. EC collaborates with Facebook to register young voters.
2. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Internal Working Group (IWG) on Rationalisation of Branch Authorisation Policy has proposed easing bank branch norms.
It was chaired by Lily Vadera.
It has proposed to relax norms that a bank branch has to follow, like a building, number of employees etc to facilitate financial inclusion.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Three agreements are signed between India and Switzerland.
Mutual Visa Exemption Agreement for Holders of Diplomatic Passports,
Technical Arrangements on Identification and Return of Illegal Migrants and Arrangement for Dependent Person of Diplomatic, Consular.
Technical and Administrative Staff of Diplomatic and Consular Mission to Perform Gainful Employment.
2. President Mr. Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the first edition of the World Sustainable Development Summit.
It is based on theme “Beyond 2015: People, Planet and Progress”.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images