Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. PM to attend 14th ASEAN-India Summit and 11th East Asia Summit at Vientiane, Laos.
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi will be attending 14th ASEAN-India Summit and 11th East Asia Summit at Vientiane, the capital city of Laos from 7 September 2016 to 8 September 2016.
2. WHO certifies India Yaws, Maternal & Neonatal Tetanus free.
India has officially received certificates from World Health Organization (WHO), recognizing the elimination of Yaws and Maternal and Neonatal Tetanus (MNT) from the country.
3. Assam CM inaugurates Asia’s biggest digital library in Silchar.
On the occasion of the 55th Teachers’ Day, Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated Asia’s biggest digital library dedicated to the memory of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, NIT Silchar.
International – Across the Globe:
1. WHO certifies Sri Lanka malaria free.
The World Health Organization certified Sri Lanka a malaria-free nation and awarded certificate on 6 September.
Awards & Recognition:
1. LIFFI: Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Tannishtha Chatterjee win Best Actors award.
2. Indian film Thithi wins best film award at BRICS Film Festival.
3. Anjum Chopra, India’s first woman to get MCC membership.
Anjum Chopra has been awarded an honorary life membership of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC).
Appointments & Resignations:
1. The UK appoints the ambassador to Iran for the first time since 2011.
The UK and Iran have appointed ambassadors for the first time since 2011, restoring diplomatic relations.
2. John Abraham roped in as brand ambassador of Arunachal Pradesh.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Expansion of India – Chile Preferential Trade Agreement (PTA).
An agreement on the expansion of India–Chile Preferential Trade Agreement (PTA) was signed between India and Chile in a meeting held between Ms. Rita Teaotia, Commerce Secretary and Mr. Andrés Barbé González, Ambassador, Embassy of Chile on 6th September 2016.
1. World’s oldest cricketer Lindsay Tuckett passes away.
World’s oldest cricketer, Lindsay Tuckett passed away in Bloemfontein at the age of 97.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images