Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the new PMO app at a function organised by MyGov in New Delhi.
The app would correspond to the website of the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
International – Across the Globe:
1. A nine-member Kathakali dance troupe has performed first time in Egypt.
The Kathakali dance troupe was a part the 14th Summer Festival organized by Bibliotheca Alexandrina
2. Kerala Tourism has rolled out a promotional campaign in Dubai targeting Arab travellers and showcasing the state’s backwaters and waterfalls on taxis plying in the bustling metropolis, with the onset of the outbound tourism season in the Middle East.
200 Kerala-branded taxis will ferry the message of ‘A Faraway Land Four Hours Away’ – with eye-catching visuals featuring hill stations, backwaters, waterfalls and also Ayurvedic therapies – through the streets of Dubai, the throbbing heart of the UAE.
3. Union Minister for Human Resource and Development Prakash Javadekar has inaugurated the transit campus of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in Jammu.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. BJP leader Vijay Rupani has sworn-in as the Chief Minister of Gujarat at the Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar.
He was administered the oath of office and secrecy by the Governor OP Kohli.
2. Former Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India Vinod Rai has stepped down from private sector lender IDFC Bank’s board.
3. KK Khurana, General Manager in-charge, has taken over as Head of BHEL Corporate R&D with effect from August 4, 2016.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Reserve Bank of India has imposed the penalty on two cooperative banks of Chhattisgarh under the Banking Regulation Act.
The Zila Sahakari Kendriya Bank Maryadit, Raipur, and Raipur Urban Mercantile Cooperative Bank Limited are the two on which RBI imposed the penalty of five lakh rupees each.
2. Mangalore-based mid-sized public sector bank, Corporation Bank has launched ‘group credit life insurance scheme’ of LIC of India in Mangaluru.
It has been launched by the Jai Kumar Garg, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Corporation Bank.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Telangana Irrigation Department has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Indian Space Research Organisation.
The MoU was for setting up a Telangana Water Resources Information System (TWRIS) on the ‘Bhuvan’ web portal.
2. The Ministry of Railways has signed an agreement with the Chhattisgarh government for the formation of a joint venture (JV) company for focused resource mobilisation, implementation and monitoring of critical rail projects.
1. The second National Handloom Day has been celebrated all over the country, on August 7.
The first National Handloom Day was celebrated last year and Hon’ble Prime Minister was the Chief Guest in the main event held in Chennai on 7th August, 2015.
1. Noted Assamese litterateur Mahim Bora has passed away due to old age problems. He was 92 years old.
He was a Padma Shri and Sahitya Akademi winner.
His literary works include ‘Kathanibari Ghat’, ‘Bohubhuji Tribhuj’, ‘Much aru Manuh’, ‘Top’, ‘Tinir Tini Gol’.
2. Veteran South Indian film director and scriptwriter Sundaram has passed away in Chennai. He was 76 years old.
Sundaram was born in Tiruchi and ‘Vietnam Veedu’ became part of his name after he wrote the script, first for theatre and then for the film, starring Sivaji Ganesan.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images