Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Union Home Ministry has decided to form new reserve battalion will be raised.
It will be named after Maharana Pratap and will be called Maharana India Reserve Battalion.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh announced the decision on the occasion of 475th birth anniversary of Maharana Pratap in Gogunda in Udaipur district.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The World Health Organization (WHO) has announced that Thailand has become the first Asian country to eliminate mother-to-child HIV transmission.
Thailand’s Minister of Health was presented with the certificate of validation during a ceremony.
This took place on the eve of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) High-Level Meeting on Ending AIDS in New York.
1. Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) is going to host the 2016 Junior Men’s hockey World Cup.
International Hockey Federation (FIH) made the announcement.
The junior hockey World Cup would be held from 8th to 18th December 2016.
They include defending champions Germany, Australia, Argentina, Belgium, Austria, Canada, Egypt, India, England, Japan, Korea, South Africa, Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan and Spain.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Election Commission (EC) has urged the Union Government to amend the electoral law Representation of the People Act (RPA), 1951.
The reason behind this amendment is empower it to either postpone or countermand elections if evidence emerges of use of money to influence voters.
EC has asked Union Government to insert a new clause ‘58 B’ in the RPA, 1951 to allow adjournment or countermanding (declaring invalid) of election on the grounds of use of money power (bribery) in the affected polling areas.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India has signed loan agreement of US 12 crore dollars with the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
The aim is to improve irrigation and water management infrastructure in Odisha.
The soft loan is the second tranche of a 157.5 million dollars financing facility under the Orissa Integrated Irrigated Agriculture and Water Management Investment Program.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its second bi-monthly monetary policy review for year 2016-17 has maintained status quo in key policy interest rate.
The policy rates were decided as follows:
Policy Repo Rate 6.50%
Reverse Repo Rate 6.00%
Marginal Standing Facility Rate (MSF) 7.00%
Bank Rate 7.00%
Take a look on Beginners Guide: IBPS Computer Awareness [Free PDF]
1. The World Oceans Day is being observed globally on 8th June every year.
The motive behind this celebration is to raise global awareness of the current challenges faced by the international community in connection with the oceans.
The day also seeks to provide a unique opportunity to honour, protect, and conserve the world’s oceans.
2016 Theme for the celebration was “Healthy oceans, healthy planet that highlights main urgent need to curb the plastic pollution.
1. Amber Gurung, the Father of modern Nepali music and composer of the country’s national anthem passed away in Dhapasi. He was 79.
He was suffering from diabetes and Parkinson’s disease.
Gurung was composer, lyricist and singer.
He had composed Nepal’s National Anthem “Sayaun Thunga Fulka Hami” (written by Byakul Maila) and more than a 1,000 songs.
He had authored three books of lyrics and memoirs “Samaalera Raakha (1969), Akcharkaa Awajharu (2003)”.
He also had authored an anthology of essays and memoirs, Kahaa Gae Ti Dinharu (2006).
Daily GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images