Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. M. Venkaiah Naidu has inaugurated the Saath Hai Viswaas Hai, Ho Raha Vikas Hai Exhibition at Indira Niketan Park, Sarojini Nagar, New Delhi.
The Exhibitions would showcase the achievements of the Government in the last 3 years in various sectors.
2. The Yogi Adityanath cabinet in Uttar Pradesh decided to rename Mughalsarai railway station near Varanasi after RSS ideologue Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya.
Upadhyay had died under mysterious circumstances while travelling in a train at Mughalsarai station on February 11, 1968.
Mughalsarai is one of the busiest stations of the Eastern Railway.
3. Health Secretary C K Mishra has inaugurated the Vatsalya – Maatri Amrit Kosh a National Human Milk Bank and Lactation Counselling Centre at the Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC) in New Delhi.
Vatsalya – Maatri Amrit Kosh will collect, pasteurize, test and safely store milk donated by lactating mothers and make it available for infants in need.
4. The Indian Railways is working on a roadmap to collaborate with Malaysia to redevelop around 20 stations in Tier-II cities across India.
The redevelopment project is aimed at attracting about Rs 1 lakh crore private investment and is also expected to revamp the infrastructure at platforms as well as circulating areas.
5. Lt General Amarjeet Singh Bedi has inaugurated a War Memorial at Thembang village in Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh.
The memorial has been dedicated to the men of 5 Guards, who fought during the Indo-China war in Thembang village on 16th & 17th, November 1962.
6. The Presidential Election of India will be held on 17th July 2017, as per the announcement made by Chief Election Commissioner Nasim Zaidi.
The term of President Pranab Mukherjee will come to an end on 24 July 2017.
The nominations for Presidential Election will begin from the 14th June 2017 and will end on 28th June 2017.
7. Minister of State for Rajiv Pratap Rudy confirmed that 1.17 crore aspirants in various skills through Ministry of Skill Development Entrepreneurship (MSME) schemes and programs of Skill India.
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) has given training to more than 26. 5 lakh people in skills of their choice.
National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) has given training to 5.9 lakh people.
8. Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd (KRCL) is planning to develop 21 new stations on its route and double a 147-km stretch of the track.
The KRCL will also take up electrification work at a cost of Rs. 1,110 crores.
International – Across the Globe:
1. According to UNCTAD’s World Investment Report 2017, India continues to remain as a favourite destination for FDI.
According to the report, the favourite destinations for FDI are the US, China and India.
As per the report FDI inflows into a developing Asia has reduced by 15% to USD 443 billion in 2016.
2. India ranks 74th in 4G Internet Data Speed with a download speed of 5.1Mbps.
Singapore scored the highest in 4G speed while South Korea scored highest in 4G availability.
The global average 4G download speed was 16.2 Mbps.
3. According to BMI Research, a Fitch group company, India is among the top five consumer markets in Asia offering retailers the strongest consumer spending growth of an average of 6.1% over the next five years.
The other four countries are China, Sri Lanka, Vietnam and Indonesia.
Awards & Recognition:
1. NASA has selected 12 new astronauts including an Indian-American, Lt Col Raja Grinder Chari, from 18000 applications.
He is a commander of the 461st Flight Test Squadron as well as the director of the F-35 Integrated Test Force at Edwards Air Force Base in California.
2. Sahithi Pingali, a class 12 student from Bangalore’s Inventure Academy, joins an elite group of people having their names named after stars in the Milky Way Galaxy.
She won the Gold Medal for her research on ‘An Innovative Crowdsourcing Approach to Monitoring Freshwater Bodies’ which was based on city lakes.
3. Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare J P Nadda has been conferred the WHO Director-General’s Special Recognition Award for global tobacco control.
The award was presented to him by Dr. Poonam Khetrapal Singh, Regional Director, WHO South-East Asia.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. K G Karmakar and Gauri Shankar are appointed as Independent Directors of India Post Payments Bank (IPPB).
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved their appointment to the post on the board of directors of the bank for a period of three years.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Reserve Bank (RBI) of India in its Second Bi-monthly Monetary Policy kept its repo rate unchanged at 6.25 percent and reverse repo rate unchanged at six percent respectively.
However, the central bank lowered economic growth projection to 7.3 percent from 7.4 percent for FY18.
The apex bank cut the statutory liquidity ratio (SLR) by 50 bps to 20%.
2. HDFC Bank has introduced charges on Unified Payments Interface (UPI) that will be charged from 10th July 2017.
Transactions from Rs 1 to Rs 25,000 will be charged Rs 3 plus taxes while transactions above Rs 25,000 to Rs 1 lakh will be charged Rs 5.
3. Axis Bank Ltd has announced biodegradable prepaid gift cards on the occasion of World Environment Day.
The cards will be acceptable at all domestic merchant outlets and online portals.
Biodegradable plastics can break down safely into their raw materials and do not release harmful substances. They can also be recycled.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The Union Cabinet approved the MoU between Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank) and Export-Import Bank of Korea (KEXIM) for export credit of USD 9 billion.
The MoU is aimed towards the infrastructural development in India and for the supply of goods and services as part of projects in third countries.
2. The Union Cabinet gave its approval for Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to enter into two separate MoU with securities market regulators of the European Union and Iran.
These MoUs are expected to strengthen cooperation between India and the respective countries on matters pertaining to the securities market.
3. The Union Cabinet approved the signing and subsequent ratification of the agreement between India and Somalia on the transfer of sentenced persons between both the countries.
The agreement will facilitate the Indian prisoners imprisoned in Somalia or vice-versa to rejoin their respective nations.
1. World Oceans Day is celebrated across the world on 8th June.
The theme for World Oceans Day 2017 is Our Oceans, Our Future.
This day provides a unique opportunity to honor, help protect, and conserve the oceans.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images