Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. GMR-led consortium, have secured top 2 rankings in airport service quality by the Airports Council International.
Hyderabad airport was ranked number 1 in the 5-15 mppa category in the Airports Council International 2016 rankings.
Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport has become world’s number 2 airport in the over 40 million passengers per annum (mppa) category.
2. The two-day International Yoga fest has begun in New Delhi on 8th March 2017.
More than 3,500 participants including eminent yoga gurus, yoga masters, scholars, policy makers and representatives from 15- 18 countries participated in this mega event.
3. The Central Board of Secondary education (CBSE) has come up with a mobile application Exam Locator.
The app will help students to quickly know the exam centre on the basis of their roll number.
A student can easily find the address, images and geolocation of the designated exam centre on the map.
International – Across the Globe:
1. A joint military exercise Surya Kiran-XI between India and Nepal has begun in Pithoragarh area of Uttarakhand.
This is a battalion level joint exercise between the two armies.
The two-week long exercise is aimed at training of both the troops in the area of various counter insurgency operations over a prolonged period.
Sports & Athletics:
1. Board of Cricket Control in India (BCCI) has confirmed Oppo as its new sponsor. Oppo will replace Star on India’s jersey.
The deal will start from April 2017 and Oppo mobiles will be Indian team’s new sponsor for a period of 5 years.
The new deal was signed for Rs.1079 Crores which is five times more than the previous deal.
Books & Authors:
1. The book titled The Rise of Sivagami: Book 1 of Baahubali – Before the Beginning was released and will be available to readers beginning on 15th March 2017.
The book was written by the noted author Anand Neelakanthan.
As per the author, it is a tale of intrigue, power, revenge and betrayal.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Payments platform PayPal has announced an extension of its merchant partnership with MakeMyTrip.
The partnership with MakeMyTrip will help foreign tourists continue to enjoy the seamless and secure PayPal experience to book hotels and holiday packages.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Global rating agency Fitch said Indian economy will grow by 1 per cent in the current fiscal before stepping up to 7.7 per cent in the next two financial years.
2. State Bank of India has launched a new policy Work from Home to enable its employees to work from home.
The policy enable its employees to work while at home using mobile devices to address any urgent requirement they may have, that prevents their travelling to work.
3. The Pension Fund and Regulatory Development Authority (PFRDA) unveiled certain rules for transfer of funds from recognized provident and superannuation funds to the National Pension System (NPS).
As per the rules of PFRDA, funds transferred from Provident Fund to the National Pension System will not be taxable.
4. Chief minister Vasundhara Raje presented Rajasthan Budget 2017. Few of the points of the Budget are.
No change in VAT except 15% increase on tobacco products.
Home department to get Rs 5,600 crore which is 11.80% more than the previous year.
Rs.158.63 crore allocated for art, culture and archaeology department which is 49.42% more than the Revised Estimates of 2016-17.
Rs.2 crore allocated for 25 lac bigger plants, provision of Rs. 3 crore for development of 5 Smriti Van.
Rs.1,399 crore allotted for higher education in the budget, Karauli and Bharatpur will get new engineering colleges.
Science & Technology:
1. The European Union (EU) launched the fifth Satellite of the Copernicus observation program from Europe’s spaceport in French Guiana.
The Sentinel-2B satellite is a part of Sentinel Earth observation satellites, a system of satellites that monitors Earth.
It will cut the time of imaging the earth by half and will ensure speedy provision of images of land, oceans and waterways.
1. 8 March is celebrated as International Women’s Day, an event held around the world to commemorate the struggle for women’s rights.
It was first celebrated on 28th February 1909, in New York in remembrance of a 1908 strike of the International Ladies’ Garment Workers’ Union.
The 2017 theme is “Be bold for change”.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images