Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Allahabad High Court has ruled that the practice of triple talaq (Talaq-e-bidat) among Muslims is unconstitutional and violates the rights of women enshrined in constitution.
2. The Union Cabinet has approved the development of Phase – 1 of the Pune Metro Rail Corridor Project.
3. Paytm Launches Offline Money Transfer with Toll-Free Number 180018001234 through which non-smart phone users can make transactions through their Paytm wallets.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Venezuela will launch a new 20,000-bolivar banknote to help people struggling with large bundles of currency notes during the country’s economic crisis.
The biggest denomination banknote currently in circulation is 100 bolivars.
Awards & Recognition:
1. US President-elect Donald Trump has been named as the Time magazine’s Person of the Year for 2016.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. The Women and Child Development Ministry has tied up with India Post and State Bank of India to offer more payment options to buyers and simplify shipping of products bought from “Mahila Ehaat”, an online marketing platform for women entrepreneurs.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Reserve bank of India (RBI) in its fifth bi-monthly monetary policy review for year 2016-17 has kept the key rates unchanged.
Read the full article – RBI’s 5th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Review, Repo Rates Unchanged [Highlights]
2. 100 banks join National Financial Switch network as direct members.
Direct members are those banks that directly participate in clearing and settlement with NPCI and they can also act as a sponsor bank.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The Union Cabinet has approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Vietnam on Cooperation in the field of Information Technology.
The MoU aims to develop sustainable and a long-term cooperation between both countries based on the equality and mutual interest in the areas of IT.
2. The Union Cabinet has approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Afghanistan on cooperation in the peaceful uses of outer space.
The MoU envisages cooperation between both countries for application of space technologies in various sectors like – Agriculture, Education, Weather Forecasting, Rural Health, Telecommunications, Urban Development, Sanitation, Resource Mapping Navigation and Remote Sensing etc.
3. The Union Cabinet has given its approval to Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and United Kingdom (UK) to support Ease of Doing Business in India.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
Image Courtesy: Google Images