Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Mission Bhagiratha with an objective to provide safe drinking water to all.
It is a water grid project that aims to provide safe drinking water to all even to remotest places in Telangana.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has released a theme song for Tiranga Yatra to be organised to mark 70 years of Independence Day.
The theme song 70 Saal Azadi Yaad Karo Kurbani has been composed by Dr. Ghazal Srinivas.
1. Gymnast Dipa Karmakar became the first Indian gymnast to qualify for the apparatus finals of artistic Gymnastics at the Rio 2016 Olympics.
She qualified after finishing eighth on the standings in the final round in the Individual vault final of artistic gymnastics
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) told the Supreme Court that banned Ponzi schemes do not fall under its regulatory purview.
This announcement was made after the apex court had asked government and SEBI, the stock market regulator about measures undertaken by them to check the menace of ponzi schemes.
2. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its third bi-monthly monetary policy review for year 2016-17 has maintained status quo in key policy interest rate.
Repo Rate: 6.50%
Reverse Repo Rate: 6%
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Rajya Sabha has passed the Mental Health Care Bill to provide better healthcare for people suffering from mental illness and also to decriminalize suicide.
The Bill provides, every person has right to access mental health care and treatment from services run or funded by the government.
2. The Parliament passed The Constitution (122nd Amendment) (GST) Bill, 2014 after it was unanimously passed by the Lok Sabha by approved all the amendments made by Rajya Sabha.
Science & Technology:
1. Researchers in India for the first time have found that mice and rats exposed to endosulphan suffer from DNA damage and genomic instability, and impaired DNA damage response.
This breakthrough discovery was discovered team of researchers led by Prof. Sathees Raghavan from the Bengaluru based IISc (Department of Biochemistry).
1. The International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples is observed every year on 9 August.
The day is celebrated to promote and protect the rights of the world’s indigenous population.
2016 Theme was “Indigenous Peoples’ Right to Education”.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images