Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Kerala Government has launched Haritha Keralam Mission, a comprehensive programme for creating new sustainable development perspectives in the state.
It was launched by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan in the state capital Thiruvananthapuram.
Singer K.J. Yesudas and actor Manju Warrier are the mission ambassador.
2. The 2016 India International Science festival (IISF) has started at CSIR-National Physical Laboratory (NPL) Campus in New Delhi.
It was inaugurated by the Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
The theme of the science festival is “Science for the masses”.
3. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has banned the use of newspapers for wrapping and packing of food items.
FSSAI has issued an advisory all states and Union territories and asked commissioners of food safety to restrict the use of newspapers for packing, serving and storing of food items.
4. The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting is organizing the 28th State Information Ministers Conference on 9th and 10th December 2016 at Vigyan Bhawan.
Venkaiah Naidu, Minister for I&B will chair the conference on 10th Dec, 2016.
International – Across the Globe:
1. India was ranked seventh in the list of countries most impacted by terrorism in 2015, according to the Global Terrorism Index (GTI), 2016, released by the Institute for Economics & Peace, a think-tank based in Sydney, Australia.
According to a report, as many as 797 terrorist attacks were recorded in India in 2015, up 4% since 2014.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Pakistan president has appointed Justice Mian Saqib Nisar as the 25th head of the Supreme Court with effect from Dec 31.
He will replace Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. NABARD is going to support banks for deployment of two PoS (Point of Sales) devices per village in one lakh villages having a population of up to 10,000 in an effort to facilitate more cashless transactions in rural India.
The effort is going to cost NABARD an estimated Rs 120 crore.
2. The Union Government has announced package of incentives and measures for promotion of digital and cashless economy in the country.
It was announced to supplement the surge in the digital transactions aftermath demonetization of old Rs.500 and Rs.1,000 notes for promotion of digital cashless economy and cutting out cash transactions.
3. Karnataka Bank bagged the ‘Best MSME Bank Award (Private sector) 2016’, instituted by the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM), New Delhi.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India has been designated as a major defence partner of the United States. It puts India on a par with the closest allies and partners of the US.
The agreement in this regard was reached between Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar and US Secretary of Defence Ashton Carter in New Delhi.
1. Former US aviator, astronaut John Glenn passed away in Columbus, Ohio, US. He was 95.
He was the last surviving member of the Mercury Seven Mission.
He was first American to orbit Earth and had circled three times earth in 1962 aboard Friendship 7 space capsule.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images