Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Col. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore inaugurated the 17th International Seminar on Counter Terrorism.
It was organized by National Security Guard, in Manesar, Haryana.
Rathore said that terrorism is a global threat and the footprint of terrorism does not restrict to any border.
2. Gujarat becomes the first state in the country to establish cashless system for distribution of foodgrains.
Union Minister for Consumer Affairs lauded the efforts of the State Government for installing Aadhaar Enabled Payment System in 17250 FPSs, much before the targeted date of 31st March, 2017.
The beneficiaries under NFSA will need to carry only Aadhaar cards for getting their foodgrains in Gujarat.
This will help in establishing the identity of beneficiaries, help in stopping the leakages of grains at shop level.
3. The Union Cabinet has approved Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDISHA) to make 6 crore rural households digitally literate.
The outlay for this project is Rs. 2,351.38 crore to usher in digital literacy in rural India by March,2019.
PMGDISHA is expected to be one of the largest digital literacy programmes in the world.
Under the scheme, 25 lakh candidates will be trained in the FY 2016-17; 275 lakhs in the FY 2017-18; and 300 lakhs in the FY 2018-19.
4. Union Minister of State for Power, Shri Piyush Goyal will launch TAMRA (Transparency, Auction Monitoring and Resource Augmentation) portal and Mobile Application here on 10th February, 2017.
TAMRA will be an interactive platform for all the stakeholders to compress the timelines for statutory and other clearances.
TAMRA would help minimize the gestation period for commencing production.
5. The Madhya Pradesh government would spend Rs 86,000-crore during the next five years on the development of cities across the state.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh announced while launching the third phase of ‘Nagar Uday Abhiyan’ at Jabalpur.
The plan of development would be chalked out on the basis of people’s suggestions.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The Union Cabinet has been apprised of the Framework Agreement between India and Vietnam.
The agreement was on cooperation in the exploration and uses of outer space for peaceful purposes.
The Framework Agreement was signed in September 2016.
It will enable pursuing the potential interest areas of cooperation such as space science, technology and applications between both countries.
2. Pakistan’s Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif imposed a complete ban on Basant, a festival celebrated to mark the start of the spring season.
Sharif has made it clear that the Punjab government won’t allow such festivals which endanger people’s lives.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Dr. P Raghu Ram, president of Association of Breast Surgeons of India, has won the prestigious Dr. B C Roy national award.
He won the award for outstanding service in the field of socio medical relief for 2016.
The award, the highest recognition for medical practitioners in India, would be conferred on Ram by President Pranab Mukherjee on 1st July, observed as Doctors day.
Books & Authors:
1. The Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh released the book titled Veerappan, Chasing the Brigand.
The book was written by K. Vijay Kumar, Senior Security Adviser, Ministry of Home Affairs.
Rajnath Singh said that Vijay Kumar is a role model for the new IPS Officers.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Former prime minister Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo has been declared Somalia’s new president.
He will succeed Hassan Sheikh Mohamud, who conceded defeat after two rounds of voting.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The highlights of the sixth bi-monthly monetary policy announced by RBI.
Policy repo rate unchanged at 6.25%.
Reverse Repo rate at 5.75%.
Cash Reserve ratio at 4%.
Statutory Liquidity ratio at 20.50%.
Marginal standing facility (MSF) rate at 6.75%.
Bank Rate at 6.75%.
Inflation projected in the range of 4—4.5% in the first half of 2017—18 and 4.5—5% in the second half.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The Union Cabinet has been apprised of the signing of the MoU of Cooperation in the field of Science and Technology and innovation between India and France.
The MoU was signed between India’s Technology Development Board (TDB), Department of Science & Technology and France’s public Investment Bank Bpifrance.
The agreement will ensure exchange of best practices and setting up of coordinated measures to foster technological exchanges.
2. The Union Cabinet has approved signing a MoU between India and Senegal in the field of Health and Medicine.
Both countries will set up a Working Group to further elaborate the details of cooperation and to oversee the implementation of this MoU.
The main areas of cooperation under MoU Integrated Disease Surveillance. Medical Research. Hospital Management and other areas of mutual interest.
3. IFFCO and Bank of Baroda signed MoU to launch co-branded debit cards for farmers as part of strategy to promote cashless transactions in the rural area.
The pact was signed by Yogendra Kumar, General Manager, IFFCO and GB Panda, General Manager, Bank of Baroda.
IFFCO and Bank of Baroda would pool in their resources to promote market and make accessible organized finance facility at competitive interest rates.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images