Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PKVY).
It was launched after inauguration of 14th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas convention at Bengaluru, Karnataka.
The Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana is targeted at Indian youth seeking overseas employment.
It will provide training and certify Indians who are seeking overseas employment in selected sectors.
2. Scientists from Botanical survey of India (BSI) have discovered a new species of Zingiber (commonly known as ginger) from Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
The new species has been named as Zinger pseudosqarrosum.
It belongs to genus Zingiber.
3. The 20th edition of National Conference on e-governance 2016-17 has started in Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG), Government of India, in association with Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, government of India and Government of Andhra Pradesh has organized this conference.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Internet of Things and e-Governance” and will be covering newly evolving areas of e-Governance across five plenary sessions.
International – Across the Globe:
1. China is setting up the world’s highest altitude gravitational wave telescope in a Tibet close to a Line of Actual Control with India with a budget of $18.8 million to detect faintest echoes resonating from universe which may reveal more about Big Bang theory.
Construction has started for the first telescope, code named-Ngari no.1, 30km south of Shiquanhe town in Ngari prefecture.
1. Rohan Bopanna and Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan beat Puarv Raja and Divij Sharan 6-3, 6-4 in the first ever all Indians doubles finals at the Aircel Chennai Open to secure their maiden ATP title as a pair.
This is Rohan Bonappa’s 15th career title. This is the first title for Jeevan at ATP world tour level.
Roberto Bautista Agut downs young Daniil Medevedev 6-3.6-4 to lift Men’s Single title.
2. Indian tennis ace star Sania Mirza picked up her first title of the season, combining with American Bethanie Mattek Sandsto lift the Brisbane International Women’s title.
The top seeded Indian American duo triumphed 6-2, 6-3 against the second seeded Russian team of Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina in the final.
3. Novak Djokovic beats Andy Murray to win Qatar Open.
However, Andy Murray remains world No.1 after losing Serbian Djokovic 6-3, 5-7, 6-4 in the final match.
Awards & Recognition:
1. The 74th Annual Golden Globe Awards ceremony was organized at Beverly hills, California, United States (US).
Best Motion picture, drama: ‘Moonlight’
Best Picture, comedy or musical: ‘La La Land’
Best Actor drama: Casey Affleck, ’Machester by the Sea’
Best Actress drama: Isabelle Huppert, ‘Elle’
Best Actress, comedy or musical: Emma Stone, ‘La La Land’
Best Actor, comedy or musical: Ryan Gosling, ‘La La Land’
2. Indian Americans Dr Bharat and Dr Sampat Shivangi received Pravasi Bhartiya Samman Award given to overseas Indians and people of Indian origin.
They received award from President Pranab Mukherjee in Bengaluru on January 9.
1. Portugal former president Mario Soares, widely seen as the father of the country’s modern day democracy, died aged 92.
He was president from 1986 to 1996 after serving as foreign minister and prime minister, and later became a European lawmaker.
2. Former Iranian president Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, a pugnacious political survivor despite his support for moderates, died after suffering a heart attack.
Rafsanjani, who was 82, was a pivotal figure in the foundation of the Islamic republic in 1979, and served as president from 1989 to 1997.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images