Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Ministry of Civil Aviation is adding a digital experience for air travelers through DigiYatra platform to transform the nation into a digitally empowered society.
The initiative will help passengers plan their trips efficiently by identifying price trends and estimate future airfares at the time of ticket booking.
2. Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh arrived in Jaipur for a one-day visit to inaugurate ‘Making of Developed India (MODI)’ Fest.
The Union minister is scheduled to inaugurate the MODI- fest at Muhana Mandi, address a party workers’ meeting in Dudu, and attend a meeting at the Birla auditorium.
3. The second National Health Editors’ Conference on Yoga will be inaugurated by Minister of State for AYUSH (Independent Charge), at National Media Centre in New Delhi on 9th June.
The theme of this year’s conference is Yoga for Health and Harmony.
The aim of the conference is to give insight to the journalists about the scientific aspects of yoga & its benefits for human health.
4. Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu inaugurated Indian Railways’ 1st HR Round Table Conference on 8th June 2017.
The Conference was organized around three themes i.e. Stakeholders Expectations from HR, The Future of Work – HR Role and Creativity Within Constraints.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The BRICS countries grouping established a one-million-dollar fund for boosting media cooperation in the five-nation grouping.
The proposal is also aimed at the joint development of BRICS digital media, financial information services and promoting people- to-people contacts.
2. The summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) was held in Astana, Kazakhstan on 8th-9th June.
India and Pakistan formally admitted into the SCO.
Chinese President Xi Jinping, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and Russian President Vladimir Putin attended the summit among others.
3. India and the UN Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC) have launched a partnership fund to promote sustainable development projects across the developing world.
The Partnership Fund will be utilized to carry out country-level projects that will help towards achieving the 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs) of the 2030 Agenda.
4. The Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings 2018 has been released, IIT-Bombay, IIT-Delhi and IISc Bengaluru, have made it to the top 200 global universities.
IIT-Bombay rank 179 this time.
IIT-Delhi has risen from 185 ranks to 172 this year.
IISc slipped over 30 places from 152 to 190.
Sports & Athletics:
1. Rohan Bopanna won his Grand Slam title along with his Canadian partner Gabriela Dabrowski by winning the French Open mixed doubles trophy.
He has become the fourth Indian to clinch a major title.
2.Three Indian male shuttlers – Ajay Jayaram, Kidambi Srikanth and B Sai Praneeth – were in the top 15 of the latest Badminton World Federation Rankings released
Ajay Jayaram, Kidambi Srikanth and B Sai Praneeth occupied 13th, 14th and 15th spot respectively.
3. Sri Lankan cricketer Muttiah Muralitharan was admitted into the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Hall of Fame.
He was awarded the honor along with Arthur Morris, George Lohmann and Karen Rolton by fellow ICC Cricket Hall of Famers and members of the media.
4. Jeje Lalpekhlua received the All India Football Federation’s inaugural player of the year 2016 award.
Sasmita Malik was adjudged the 2016 AIFF Women’s player of the year.
Sunil Chettri received a Special Award for surpassing the milestone over the last year. Chhetri also won the Hero of the I-League award.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli featured in the world’s 100 highest paid athletes in the latest Forbes list.
Virat Kohli has been ranked 89th on the 2017 Forbes list of ‘The World’s highest paid athletes’ with a total pay of $ 22 million.
The list has been topped by Ronaldo with a total pay of 93 million dollars.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB) appointed B K Manjunath as a Part-time chairman for three years.
Manjunath is a member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and a practicing charted accountant for the last 25 years.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Walmart topped the Fortune’s annual list of Americas top 500 companies for the fifth consecutive year with the revenue of $ 485.8 million.
IT based Apple with $53 billion jumped from 5 to 3 place.
Amazon.com moved from 29 to 18 place.
Walgreens jumped from 35 to 19th place.
Facebook jumped 85 to 157th place.
2. Indian Oil Corporation (IOC), Hindustan Petroleum Corporation (HPCL) and Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL) will revise the prices of petrol and diesel daily from 16th June throughout the country.
The move is aimed at countering the practice of undercutting by private retailers as well as to bring India at par with the US oil market.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Union Ministry of Law and Justice has cleared the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Karnataka Amendment) Bill 2017 for the Kambala.
Kambala is the traditional slush track buffalo race that is held annually in coastal districts of Karnataka to entertain rural people of the area.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The Tamil Nadu government signed a MoU with the Civil Aviation Ministry for the implementation the scheme in the presence of Chief Minister K Palaniswami.
Tamil Nadu is set to have low-cost flight services in the first phase of implementation of the Centre’s UDAN scheme which seeks to promote regional air connectivity.
Science & Technology:
1. North Korea fired multiple cruise missiles into the waters between Korea and Japan.
The missiles that flew for about 200 km were reportedly launched from Wonsan, a city on North Korea’s east coast.
With this launch, the total number of missile tests conducted by North Korea this year goes up to ten.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images