What is DUSET?
DUSET which is also expanded as Delhi University Super-Specialty Entrance Test (DUSET) is a paper-pen based entrance test administered by the University of Delhi.
The test is conducted for the students who are seeking admission for DM/M.Ch courses of the university.
Courses Offered by DU
Delhi University SET test score is accepted for admission to the following courses –DM (Cardiology) DM (Neurology) DM (Medical Gastroenterology) M.Ch. (Cardio-Vascular & Thoracic Surgery) M.Ch. (Surgical Gastroenterology) M.Ch. (Neuro-Surgery) M.Ch. (Pediatric Surgery)
DM Courses – Cardiology, Neurology & Medical Gastroenterology, Pulmonary Medicine and Neonatology.
M.Ch courses – Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Surgery, Surgical Gastroenterology, Paediatrics Surgery & Neuro0Surgery.
Eligibility for DUSET 2015
1. The candidate must have passed final MBBS examination and must have completed satisfactorily one year compulsory rotating Internship.
2. The candidate must have full registration with the Delhi Medical Council/State Medical Council/Medical Council of India.
3. A candidate in order to be eligible for admission must obtain 400 out of 800 marks i.e 50% marks in Delhi University Super-Specialty Entrance Test (SET) 2015.
4. Only the result of those who secure 50% marks or above will be declared. In addition to this the candidate must also be medically fit to pursue the allocated course on medical examination.
How to Apply for DUSET?
The candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria may obtain the Information Bulletin and Application Form (only against a Demand Draft/ Banker’s Cheque) from the Office of the Deputy Registrar, Faculty of Medical Sciences, 6th Floor, V.P. Chest Institute Building, University of Delhi, Delhi–110007 in the following manner-
1. By hand for INR 2500/- during working hours on all working days.
2. By post for INR 2550/- by sending a self-addressed envelope of 10″ X 8″.
1. An individual who wishes to apply for more than course/discipline should pay an additional amount of INR 500/-.
2. Application complete in all respects must also be accompanied by attested copies of the under-mentioned certificates as perRequirement of the course applied High School/Higher Secondary Certificate for verification of date of birth. MBBS Degree. Detailed marks certificate of qualifying examinations: I, II & Final Professional examination of MBBS. The compulsory rotating internship certificate. Registration Certificate from Delhi Medical Council/State Medical Council/ Medical Council of India. MD/MS Degree/DNB Certificate. MD/MS/DNB Examination attempt Certificate. Proof of writing thesis in case of candidate has passed DNB Course. Employer’s Certificate, if employed (as given in the application form).
DUSET 2015 Pattern
Total Papers – 2 (Paper-I and Paper-II)
Paper – I is mandatory for all the students but Paper-II is conducted separately for DM or M.Ch candidates.
Paper I – 1 hour and 20 minutes
Paper II – 2 hours duration.
Paper I – 80 Objective Type Questions
Paper II – 120 Objective Type Questions.
Paper I – 320 Marks
Paper II – 480 Marks.
#each question carries 4 marks for right answer and (-1) mark for wrong answer.
Tuition fee (Annual) – INR 23,000.00
Library fee (Annual) – INR 500.00
Athletic fee (Annual) – INR 10.00
Cultural Council fee (Annual) – INR 5.00
N.S.S. fee (Annual) – INR 20.00
University Development Fund (Annual) – INR 600.00
Faculty Management Fee (Annual) – INR 1,465.00
Total Fee – INR 25,600.00
Candidates may apply as soon as possible.