- Manoj Bhatt is appointed as the DGP of Rajasthan.
- Kewal K Sharma is appointed as Delhi Chief Secretary.
- Baldev Sharma has been appointed as chairman of National Book Trust, he replaced A. Sethumadhavan.
- Jagmohan Dalmiya is elected as the new President of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
- Anurag Thakur is appointed as the secretary of BCCI.
- An independent Indian-American investor – Sunil Sabharwal is again re-nominated by US President Barack Obama, to a key administration post as Alternate Executive Director at the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- RBI cuts repo rate by 25 basis points from 7.75% to 7.5%.
- Union Government and RBI sign agreement: Union Government and RBI sign agreement to keep inflation below 6%. 4 per cent for financial year and all subsequent years with band of +/- 2 percent.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, a company from India recently acquired GlaxoSmithKline’s opiates business in Australia.
- Lok Sabha clears insurance bill to raise FDI ceiling to 49%. The earlier limit was 26%.
- One rupee notes will be printed and issues by RBI after a gap of 2 decades.
- IT firm Tech Mahindra inaugurated its sales office in Vietnam’s capital Hanoi to expand its operations in the country where it plans to increase the headcount to 100 in the next 2-3 years.
- Roger Federer won the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships 2015. He defeated Novak Djokovic of Serbia by 6-3, 7-5
- Rafael Nadal won Argentina Open 2015. He defeated Juan Monaco of Argentina by 6-4, 6-1.
- Roger Federer won the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships 2015. He defeated Novak Djokovic of Serbia by 6-3, 7-5.
- Mary Com will retire after Rio Olympics Games 2016.
- Australia recently broke India’s highest run record against Afghanistan in the ongoing ICC World Cup 2015.
- Australia defeated Afghanistan by 275 runs which is the biggest winning margin in World Cup history.
- China recently launched 79.8 billion US dollars Silk Road Infrastructure Project to facilitate trade and tourism between China and Central Asian Countries.
- Bill Gates is titled as the World’s Richest Person in 2015.
- Cristy Walton is the highest ranked woman in Forbes 2015 Billionaire’s List.
- Evan Spiegel is the World’s Youngest Billionaire.
- Namibian President Hifikepunye Pohamba won Mo Ibrahim prize for African leadership 2014.
- World’s largest and tallest Indian National Flag has unfurled at Faridabad, Haryana. Dimension of the flag – 96 feet by 64 feet, weighs 48 kilograms and 250 feet (75 meters) Height.
- Mines and Minerals Amendment Bill 2015 and Motor Vehicles Bill 2015 have been passed by Lok Sabha.
- 3rd March, 2015 is observed as World’s Wildlife Day.
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives assent to Maharashtra Animal Preservation Amendment Bill, 1995. This bill amends Maharashtra Animal Preservation Act 1976 and bans slaughter of bulls and bullocks in the state. As per the provisions of new Act, anyone found to be selling beef or in possession of it can be jailed for 5 years and fined Rs. 10,000. However, this Act allows slaughter of water buffaloes, which provides carabeef that is generally considered as an inferior quality meat.
- Dilip Shanghvi (Founder and Managing Director of Sun Pharma).
- Leslee Udwin directed the documentary film India’s Daughter (16th December 2012 Rape Victim – Damini).
- Reliance Infrastructure Ltd announced acquisition of Pipavav Defence Company Ltd.
- Indian announced scholarships for 200 Nepalese students to boost Human Resource Development.
- Rani Mukherjee is awarded by National Institute of Gender Justice.
- Rahul Gandhi will be the new chief of All Indian Congress Committee (AICC).
Science & Technology:
- The election commission of India recently launched a program for error free and authenticated electoral roll called National Electoral Roll Purification and Authentication Program (NERPAP).
- Airtel and China Mobile tied up for evolving 4G and 5G technologies.
- National Science Day is observed on 28th February 2015. On this day, Indian physicist Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman discovered the Raman Effect (phenomenon of scattering of photons). In 1930, he was awarded with the Nobel Prize in Physics for his discovery and this was the first Nobel Prize for India in the field of Science.
- ‘Go-India’ Smart Card scheme is issued by Indian Railways to ease out the ticketing Mechanism.