1. Google CFO Patrick Pichette announced his retirement.
2. US President Barack Obama nominated David Hale as Ambassador to Pakistan.
3. Indian-American Kumar P Barve decided to run for US Congress in 2016 elections.
4. Three Indian-Americans – Saran Prembabu, Shashwat Kishore and Anvita Gupta win medals at “Intel science competition”.
1. Veteran sports journalist K. Baskaran died.
2. India signed four agreements with Seychelles:
• Cooperation in hydrography
• Cooperation in renewable energy
• Cooperation in Infrastructure development
• Cooperation in Sale of navigation charts and electronic navigational charts
3. Indian Railways signed MoU with LIC for implementing Railway projects. Under this MoU, LIC will make available a Financial Assistance of 150000 crore rupees to the Indian Railways for implementing Railway projects over the next five years.
4. Industrialist Deepak Khaitan died after a prolonged spell of illness.
5. First Kisan Call Centre of North-East opened in Agartala, Tripura.
6. Mars Inc, maker of Snickers and Galaxy bars, set to open first chocolate factory in India.
1. 1998 Asian Games gold-medallist Dingko Singh on 10 March 2015 was included in National Boxing Selection panel. Currently, Dingko Singh is working as a coach at the Imphal centre of the Sports Authority of India (SAI).
2. Sri Lanka’s batsman Kumar Sangakkara scored four consecutive centuries in ongoing Cricket World Cup.
3. United Arab Emirates (UAE) won the bid to host AFC Asian Cup 2019.
Mergers & Acquisition
1. Aditya Birla Retail acquired Total hypermarket.
2. Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba: To invest in Snapdeal & Snapchat.
3. Snapdeal in advance talks to buy Freecharge for Rs 2,800 crore.
4. Flipkart is close to making its third acquisition this year by buying mobile app marketing start-up DSYN Technologies Pvt. Ltd, as it seek to improve and expand its technology capabilities to capture a shift in customers’ shopping preference toward mobiles from desktop computers and laptops.
1. Union Government appointed Nine Executive Directors in Public Sector Banks.
List of appointments:
• Charan Singh – Executive Director of UCO Bank
• K Venkata Rama Moorthy –Executive Director of Bank of Baroda
• RP Marathe – Executive Director of Bank of India
• Harideesh Kumar B – Executive Director, Canara Bank
• NK Sahoo – Executive Director of Allahabad Bank
• Pawan Kumar Bajaj – Executive Director of Indian Overseas Bank
• Ravi Shankar Pandey – Executive Director of Syndicate Bank
• Kishore Piraji Kharat – Executive Director of Union Bank of India
• RC Lodha – Executive Director of Central Bank of India
2. Blackstone appointed former COO of Unilever Harish Manwani as Global Executive Adviser.
3. Congress legislator and deputy speaker N Shakthan was elected as the new speaker of the Kerala Assembly.