1. Indian Prime Minister has inaugurated the first of the eight Coastal Surveillance Radar Systems (CSRS) being set up by India in Seychelles.
2. The National Pharma Pricing Authority (NMPPA) comes under the purview of Ministry of Chemical and Fertilizer.
3. Air-to-Air missile, Astra, was successfully test fired at the Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur in Odisha. It was test-fired aboard a Sukhoi-30 fighter aircraft.
4. Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi visited Mauritius as part of his three nation tour to Seychelles, Mauritius and Sri Lanka that took place.
5. Haryana Government decided to issue UIDAI-like numbers for cows.
1. Powerful cyclone Pam hit the south Pacific archipelago of Vanuatu. The cyclone Pam, a category five tropical storm, brought destructive 270 kilometre-per-hour winds and torrential rain along with it.
1. Veteran cricketers of Sri Lanka Mahela Jayawardene and Kumar Sangakkara retired from the One Day International (ODI) format of Cricket.
2. India will host the 7th Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR) in 2016. This was announced by Home Minister of India Rajnath Singh at the Third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction held in Sendai, Japan.
1. HDFC Bank launched a mobile application Chillr that allows customers to instantly transfer money to any person in India. Chillr is a first-of-its kind application that is linked directly to customers’ bank accounts and is exclusively for customers of HDFC Bank.
2. Mass nesting of Olive Ridley turtles started in Ganjam district of Odisha.
3. Tropical grass Darbha identified as an eco-friendly food preservative by SASTRA University
1. Shiv Nadar, Chairman & Founder of HCL, won “Outstanding Philanthropist Award” by Forbes India